What's new

2016-18 Retrax bedcover on a 2021 TB

theUSAchevy

Reaction score
About 3 months ago I traded in my 2016 Z71 for a 2021 TB, I had a roll up bedcover on the Z71 and didn't realize how much I actually utilized it so I'm in the market for a new cover. I stumbled across a Retrax that was on a 2018 short bed and wanted to see if anyone here has any experience taking a cover off a little bit older Silverado and putting it on a newer one. I have measurements of my bed and the Retrax cover and it seems to match up but I have not gone to see if it fits yet and wanted to see if anyone could provide any insight before I try. I found some guys on the GM forums say yes even after the company said no so i dont know what to believe lol . Thank you in advance.

About 3 months ago I traded in my 2016 Z71 for a 2021 TB, I had a roll up bedcover on the Z71 and didn't realize how much I actually utilized it so I'm in the market for a new cover. I stumbled across a Retrax that was on a 2018 short bed and wanted to see if anyone here has any experience taking a cover off a little bit older Silverado and putting it on a newer one. I have measurements of my bed and the Retrax cover and it seems to match up but I have not gone to see if it fits yet and wanted to see if anyone could provide any insight before I try. I found some guys on the GM forums say yes even after the company said no so i dont know what to believe lol . Thank you in advance.
I have been told the same thing because I tried to find good used covers on Facebook marketplace and people say they will fit but then the company says no because they changed the body style of the truck and somehow it does not line up the same but idk if that is just a selling gimmick

I have been told the same thing because I tried to find good used covers on Facebook marketplace and people say they will fit but then the company says no because they changed the body style of the truck and somehow it does not line up the same but idk if that is just a selling gimmick
I mean from a companies stand point trying to make money (I know it may not be true for all) of course im gonna say yea the old wont fit to get them to buy the “new” one that will fit. I actually reached out to Retrax and they told me no and part of the explanation was because the mounting points are different which doesnt make sense to me……. I dont know but i think ill be finding out tomorrow when I go check out the retrax i found for sale

I mean from a companies stand point trying to make money (I know it may not be true for all) of course im gonna say yea the old wont fit to get them to buy the “new” one that will fit. I actually reached out to Retrax and they told me no and part of the explanation was because the mounting points are different which doesnt make sense to me……. I dont know but i think ill be finding out tomorrow when I go check out the retrax i found for sale
Yeah I am right there with you. Def update us with what you find out. I have always been curious as well

So I went to check out the fit of the Retrax from a 2018 on my 21 TB and the initial fit is good! I need to make a few tweaks so its more flush with the tailgate but a very small adjustment. My only concern is the space taken up by the canister so we will see. I spoke with e rep from Peragon covers and she said most companies take measurements from the bottom of the bed and not ID of the top just an FYI. I saved myself at least 700 bucks buying this Retrax off marketplace. Hope this helps anyone in the market.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back