What's new

2020 trail boss doesnt start. Steering and i cant shift it to drive. Its stuck on park

Jrey808

Reaction score
So I bought a 2020 trail boss yesterday from a private seller. I picked it up yesterday and drove it to the beach. I hang out and of course I had to show it off to my overland friends that was camping at the beach. Everything was working and I even tried my 4x4 to make sure it work on the sand and it did. We hang out for couple hours and another friend came and wanted to see my truck. I tried using the remote start but it didn't work. I unlock it and went inside i press the start button and it didn't work. It didn't even crank so we thought the battery dead so we jump it and it didn't help. We test the battery and it was good. So I unplug the positive and negative to maybe reset it. Waited a few minutes, I screw back the both positive and negative, i tried starting it button doesn't work. I tried locking twice and press start button and she start. Went back inside once again i press start button but it didn't do anything. I rev the engine I looked at the rpm doesn't move. gas gage, battery Voltage, temp didn't even move. Did any had this problem??

Attachments

• 20240526_140046.jpg
    20240526_140046.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 46
So I bought a 2020 trail boss yesterday from a private seller. I picked it up yesterday and drove it to the beach. I hang out and of course I had to show it off to my overland friends that was camping at the beach. Everything was working and I even tried my 4x4 to make sure it work on the sand and it did. We hang out for couple hours and another friend came and wanted to see my truck. I tried using the remote start but it didn't work. I unlock it and went inside i press the start button and it didn't work. It didn't even crank so we thought the battery dead so we jump it and it didn't help. We test the battery and it was good. So I unplug the positive and negative to maybe reset it. Waited a few minutes, I screw back the both positive and negative, i tried starting it button doesn't work. I tried locking twice and press start button and she start. Went back inside once again i press start button but it didn't do anything. I rev the engine I looked at the rpm doesn't move. gas gage, battery Voltage, temp didn't even move. Did any had this problem??
I once had a similar issue with a Toyota. It turned out that the key-fob battery was too low to broadcast the signal. I was able to cycle the door locks but unable to start the car.

Had a company Ford that was glitchy because an aftermarket installer had a ground cable loose. The previous comment on the battery being low makes sense, as well. When low/dead, there a place in the truck to put the remote and it will let you start. Varies in year/model.

I once had a similar issue with a Toyota. It turned out that the key-fob battery was too low to broadcast the signal. I was able to cycle the door locks but unable to start the car.
We bought a new battery for the remote thinking it was the problem but it wasn't

Similar thing happened once on my 2020 with only 15k Right in my driveway. But in my case, the fob didnt work at all, or even unlock the door. Had to open it with the manual key. No lights, beeps, nothing. Completely dead, like there wasnt even a battery in it. I tried jumpstarting it to no avail. Ended up getting it towed to dealer. They said they reprogrammed the computer and it was all good again. Not too happy, but it never happened again.

Similar thing happened once on my 2020 with only 15k Right in my driveway. But in my case, the fob didnt work at all, or even unlock the door. Had to open it with the manual key. No lights, beeps, nothing. Completely dead, like there wasnt even a battery in it. I tried jumpstarting it to no avail. Ended up getting it towed to dealer. They said they reprogrammed the computer and it was all good again. Not too happy, but it never happened again.
The dealership just called and they found the problem. It was the ignition switch that wasn't working.

UPDATE ON MY TRUCK! I called the towing company and when he got to my truck, he called me back and say my truck start and he drove it. He came across this kind of problem and he said he use the key fob to push the start button. I canceled the tow so I don't have to pay them the full price, but they did charge 90$ for them showing up. So I drove to were my truck was and I had the other key. I tried doing the same thing he did and my truck didn't start. I use the key he used and it started so I drove it the the dealership and when we got there the truck wouldn't shut off. One of the employees drove around and he took to minutes to get the truck to turn off.

They found the problem and it was the ignition switch and it's gonna cost 475+ taxs and it will take 3 to 5days. My warranty won't cover it🤦🏽‍♂️😤

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back