What's new

2021 5.3 blinking engine light!!?

Hellride

Reaction score
I have a 2021 5.3 LT build date is 5/21. I put 1300 mile on er. Check engine light blinked on and of for about a mile and hasn't come back on was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows what's up with that. I'm aware of the defect pushrods and possible engine problem but love the truck and Chevy. Keep on keeping on!!

I also have a 2021 5.3 LT. I've had mine since November, with 6,000 miles on. This same problem happened to me twice, I took it in last Wednesday and they fixed it. They told me it was indicating that the engine was misfiring. Then they told me there was a problem with the software and they had to update it. After a day of driving the check engine light turned on again but this time stayed on. The Chevrolet app says there is a problem in the exhaust emission system. It's back in the shop again.

I also have a 2021 5.3 LT. I've had mine since November, with 6,000 miles on. This same problem happened to me twice, I took it in last Wednesday and they fixed it. They told me it was indicating that the engine was misfiring. Then they told me there was a problem with the software and they had to update it. After a day of driving the check engine light turned on again but this time stayed on. The Chevrolet app says there is a problem in the exhaust emission system. It's back in the shop again.
Having the same issue, did you get a resolution?

Of course, engine light could be any number of things, including collapsed lifters causing a misfire. My most recent lifter issue, couple times, engine light would blink and go off and could feel the misfires. Eventually it went on constant.

Lifters are the issue, not pushrods, btw. Although can bend a pushrod with a schloppy lifter.
Pull the code(s) is the first step, if you're not wanting to just take it in right away.

I had the lifters replaced back in September, though I need to look at the paperwork again and see if they did all of them or just one side. They also replaced a coil pack after the lifter replacement due to misfiring on the test drive. I've pulled the code, its random misfiring on multiple cylinders, I'm betting on lifter issues again, I've been waiting for months for a loaner vehicle to be able to leave mine at the dealership.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back