What's new

2022 Refreshed grille bowtie removal

Can’t help with the removal but wondering what you are replacing it with?

I did. removed grille for very difficult emblem swap. I do like the red...
IMG_3819.jpeg

That looks great! How is the grille removed? I dont think it just pops out like the "pre-freshed" trim. The only video I found the guy took off part of the entire bumper. But I think he was doing more than just removing the grille. So, did you have to remove the bumper in order to get the grille off?

That looks great! How is the grille removed? I dont think it just pops out like the "pre-freshed" trim. The only video I found the guy took off part of the entire bumper. But I think he was doing more than just removing the grille. So, did you have to remove the bumper in order to get the grille off?
Thanks! Yes, on the refreshed, the plastic 'upper bumper' conceals 3 screws that must come out. I think I used that same video as a guide.

I was able to get my hand behind the grill after taking off the top cowl and use a pick tool to snap out the tabs without taking the bumper and grill off. Then it just popped right bwlc in when I was done

Attachments

• 20221217_135547.jpg
    20221217_135547.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 134
Yes, unfortunately I had decided on just a touch of red. I used a ZR2 emblem which, because it is 'hollow' in the center, has completely different pin and clip locations and I had to make those, and then cover up the center.

I was able to get my hand behind the grill after taking off the top cowl and use a pick tool to snap out the tabs without taking the bumper and grill off. Then it just popped right bwlc in when I was done
How hard is it to remove the top cowl? I just bought the black/red bowtie like yours and was wondering how to get at the old one.

Not hard. That part is the same as the pre freshed if you see a video on that. Just removing the hood latch and some bolts across the top

Most Reactions

Back