What's new

2022 Trail Boss 3.0L Duramax

TBduramax2020

Reaction score
I purchased a Trail Boss with the 3.0L duramax in it about a month ago and I love this thing. I've purchased running boards already and they are on there way (anticipation is killing me). I was looking into a programmer wondering if there are any recommendation out there for ones that will not void the factory warranty and is pretty user friendly. Or if any one advises against using one. thank you in advance

I’ve heard a lot of good things about that engine. I’d recommend you drive it for a little while first before messing around with any tuning. Probably won’t even need to tune it. I only got a tuner for my 6.2 because there was no other way to disable DFM. Your diesel won’t have that issue. Congrats! 👍

Last edited:
I’ve heard a lot of good things about that engine. I’d recommend you drive it for a little while first before messing around with any tuning. Probably won’t even need to tune it. I only got a tuner for my 6.2 because there was no other way to disable DFM. Your diesel won’t have that issue. Congrats 🤙
Oh ok, thank you. I was actually looking for a tuner to try and get better gas mileage. on the highway its great but driving around town is killer on the MPG.

Last edited:
My truck is on order with the Duramax. I've been checking out the Banks website and they're working on the Derringer tuner for our trucks. Not sure when it will be out, but it looks like it may be a good option.

My truck is on order with the Duramax. I've been checking out the Banks website and they're working on the Derringer tuner for our trucks. Not sure when it will be out, but it looks like it may be a good option.
I saw that as well.

Oh ok, thank you. I was actually looking for a tuner to try and get better gas mileage. on the highway its great but driving around town is killer on the MPG.
What is "Killer" MPG with that engine? With my 5.3L Gas engine TB, I have to squeeze economy out of it, driving like an old lady and shifting to neutral a lot (?) ... in order to get 17 - 21 MPG.

I have a friend who has a big GMC 6.2L Duramax Crew Cab, Lifted, DFM, etc. and he can get as much as 37 MPG on the highway, 29 city.

What is "Killer" MPG with that engine? With my 5.3L Gas engine TB, I have to squeeze economy out of it, driving like an old lady and shifting to neutral a lot (?) ... in order to get 17 - 21 MPG.

I have a friend who has a big GMC 6.2L Duramax Crew Cab, Lifted, DFM, etc. and he can get as much as 37 MPG on the highway, 29 city.
On the Highway I can get about 30 mpg, possibly better, if i drive moderately (driving like an asshole is a different story). but on the street i can average 18-22 mpg depending on traffic and how many light I get stopped at.

The duramax is a 6.6. Also diesels don’t have DFM. Those numbers are incredible if accurate.

I purchased a Trail Boss with the 3.0L duramax in it about a month ago and I love this thing. I've purchased running boards already and they are on there way (anticipation is killing me). I was looking into a programmer wondering if there are any recommendation out there for ones that will not void the factory warranty and is pretty user friendly. Or if any one advises against using one. thank you in advance
Congrats on the Truck... It has tons of power and the fuel economy will get better once the motor is a bit more broken in. Banks will have the I dash and programmer soon! I just want it for extra gauges and to know when its going to Regen.

What are you wanting to program?

The duramax is a 6.6. Also diesels don’t have DFM. Those numbers are incredible
I have a 6.6 duramax and a 3.0 duramax 1500 trailboss in my driveway. 25 mpg first 150 miles on winter diesel at 0 degrees with side and head wind with my my wife driving the new trailboss diesel. The 3.0 duramax has 5 more hp than my 2002 6.6 diesel and 2x the gears.

On the Highway I can get about 30 mpg, possibly better, if i drive moderately (driving like an asshole is a different story). but on the street i can average 18-22 mpg depending on traffic and how many light I get stopped at.
You are crying cause you drive a trailboss that only gets 18-22 city?? Unreal

Stock
truck mileage.jpg
2022 Trail Boss 3.0L Duramax​

Most Reactions

Back