What's new

2022 Trail Boss LTD 6.2L Drive Mode

Royalwulff

Reaction score
Hi all been following this forum for a few weeks now and gotta say I sure love all these beautiful trucks.
I just picked up my brand new 2022 Trail Boss LTD 6.2L yesterday and couldn’t be more excited to get it out this weekend. Got home late last night and was playing around with the features and noticed that I don’t have sport mode in the mode selector. Just feel like it should since it’s 6.2 half ton rocket. All the research I’ve done shows these trucks having it. Any one have any thoughts or knowledge about my situation?
Thanks

that is weird... when you turn the knob to the right it goes into sport mode

The 21 that I test drove had it. When I switch the knob it only has normal and off road. The dealership is worthless and just says “I don’t know”. Very frustrating, I hope they can just update the computer or program it in. I looked at another 22 they had in the lot and it didn’t have it either so that’s not a good sign…

1635996763568.png

that is related to the actual tranny selector for manual operation yet it says sport as well which doesn't make sense...my last truck was a Tahoe and it had the above with a 6 speed tranny... all that function on the actual tranny selector was to allow the manual mode with the push buttons... the right hand gear selector end stalk had the trailer mode button...
the pictures is what I have... turn the knob to the right I get normal and sport turn to left and it goes to trailer mode....
two things I love about having the 6.2 is the auto drive and sport mode it makes a huge difference for me when hot rodding through the twisties harassing sport cars this is what mine looks like If its helpful...

Attachments

• boss 1.jpg
    boss 1.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 109
  • boss 2.jpg
    boss 2.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 111
Thanks for the info. I don’t know what to say still, I guess it’s just not a feature on the 22 Ltd. honestly just wish I could have ordered a 21 but the dealership said they were no longer building/ filling orders. With the chip shortage my truck is just a glorified 21 with a 22 vin. It was built March 2021. Being built then I don’t understand why it wouldn’t be identical to a 21. My personal idea and only my opinion is that maybe the sport mode isn’t offered to help negate the problems that some are having with some of the engines… like I said just my opinion but can’t think of anything else why these trucks wouldn’t have sport mode. Everything aside love the truck. I’ll run errands across town all day for the wife!

Attachments

• 10EA3396-0D9C-4163-B380-55BDA0ECBD73.jpeg
    10EA3396-0D9C-4163-B380-55BDA0ECBD73.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 1E9B9CD3-58C9-4B80-8975-2CED8EF394C3.jpeg
    1E9B9CD3-58C9-4B80-8975-2CED8EF394C3.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 78
I noticed that as well when I got my ‘22 home…guess that nothing a tuner won’t fix 😬

I noticed that as well when I got my ‘22 home…guess that nothing a tuner won’t fix 😬
Bummer you have to buy a tuner when it should come from the factory. I’m hopeful it can be resolved through the dealership.

Hi all been following this forum for a few weeks now and gotta say I sure love all these beautiful trucks.
I just picked up my brand new 2022 Trail Boss LTD 6.2L yesterday and couldn’t be more excited to get it out this weekend. Got home late last night and was playing around with the features and noticed that I don’t have sport mode in the mode selector. Just feel like it should since it’s 6.2 half ton rocket. All the research I’ve done shows these trucks having it. Any one have any thoughts or knowledge about my situation?
Thanks
I heard about this from someone else that got the 22 LTD 6.2 in one of the FB groups, I believe it is due to the truck missing a chip needed to have sport mode. Kinda annoying when a 22, even these LTD "pre-full 2022 refresh ones", don't come with something that all of our 21's have.

I heard about this from someone else that got the 22 LTD 6.2 in one of the FB groups, I believe it is due to the truck missing a chip needed to have sport mode. Kinda annoying when a 22, even these LTD "pre-full 2022 refresh ones", don't come with something that all of our 21's have.
just get you a pulsar lt and up that throttle response + delete DFM (IF you have it) and your truck will pretty much be in sport mode 24/7 anyways lol I have sport mode but never use it because the pulsar changes make it feel like it's already in it

Most Reactions

Back