What's new

2022 trailboss 6.2 10spd

Reaction score
Hello. I'm looking for at information about a problem I'm having with my truck. It shudders / lurches . Mostly at lower rpms feels like hitting a series of small bumps . Started around 4000 miles now upto 7000 . Took it in and they find nothing. My salesman convinced me it was the AFM and had me install a pulsar Lt. That didn't help. I get no lights coming on. Extremely annoying when driving. Again I'm just looking to see if anyone else has had this and possibly found a answer for repairs. I love the truck other than this of course.

Hi 931.1, I'm having the same issue with my 2022 TB 5.3 10spd. I currently have 950 miles on it, and it started about a week and a half after I bought it. I haven't taken it yet, as I thought it might be part of the whole break-in/learning process. Mine does it under normal/light acceleration up to about 35 mph, and from what I have researched, could be numerous different things such as transmission, torque converter, fuel pump etc... I'm getting ready to do a long road trip, and hoping it will sort itself out.

Hi 931.1, I'm having the same issue with my 2022 TB 5.3 10spd. I currently have 950 miles on it, and it started about a week and a half after I bought it. I haven't taken it yet, as I thought it might be part of the whole break-in/learning process. Mine does it under normal/light acceleration up to about 35 mph, and from what I have researched, could be numerous different things such as transmission, torque converter, fuel pump etc... I'm getting ready to do a long road trip, and hoping it will sort itself out.
I'm bringing it back this Wednesday, apparently there is something they are plugging in and we are taking it for a long drive to record it for GM. I will let you know if that gets me anywhere.

I don't know about that. The last time I brought it they said everything was updated.

I mean is you truck the newest 2022?
The one with the new interior/ dash. Not the 2022 “Limited” which is the same as 2019-2021.

FWIW, I used to have a 2017 Chevy Colorado that developed a very similar sounding problem. It was apparently moisture in the transmission fluid. They did the whole triple flush and put in fresh tranny fluid and never had the problem again.

I'm bringing it back this Wednesday, apparently there is something they are plugging in and we are taking it for a long drive to record it for GM. I will let you know if that gets me anywhere.
Hopefully that will allow them to pinpoint the problem. I know how annoying it is, especially being a new truck that should be issue free.

Mine also does very rapid shifts, hard shifts and sometimes feels like it's skipping gears. Sometimes during braking, feels like it drops straight down to first gear. Is yours doing this as well?

It's nerve racking that every time I get in, the truck drives differently. Seems like it has a lot of gremlins.

Hopefully that will allow them to pinpoint the problem. I know how annoying it is, especially being a new truck that should be issue free.

Mine also does very rapid shifts, hard shifts and sometimes feels like it's skipping gears. Sometimes during braking, feels like it drops straight down to first gear. Is yours doing this as well?

It's nerve racking that every time I get in, the truck drives differently. Seems like it has a lot of gremlins.
I had this problem with my 2017 and I had the brakes replaced about twice until the dealership told me it could be a brake vacuum pump problem. Apparently GM recalls their vacuum pumps because they have problems with them in some trucks. So just ask if it could be that next time you go.

I brought the truck back last Wednesday and the mechanic road with me for an hour with a laptop hooked to the truck and found that I'm getting misfires the history shows I've had misfires on all cylinders and while we drove it we had multiple misfires on 1, 3 and 6 cylinders he is sending the information to GM and I'm waiting still to find out what their reply is

I brought the truck back last Wednesday and the mechanic road with me for an hour with a laptop hooked to the truck and found that I'm getting misfires the history shows I've had misfires on all cylinders and while we drove it we had multiple misfires on 1, 3 and 6 cylinders he is sending the information to GM and I'm waiting still to find out what their reply is
Hopefully it is just a simple ECM re-program something. I feel my truck is doing the same thing.

Any remedy yet? Same issue. I’ve got 6.2l with DFM. 10speed. Dealer already changed out and reprogrammed transmission module but didn’t work.

The transmission hasn't learned its shift points yet. Give the truck about 10k miles then reevaluate.

Most Reactions

Back