What's new

2022 ZR2 Hood on 2020 Trail Boss

Shaun9319

Reaction score
Part numbers are available now i just don't know if i feel like dropping the cash...Anyone else thought of doing this?

GETGONE

Reaction score
I saw a 22 LTD alongside a 22 refresh and as far as I can tell they hoods are the same. I haven't seen a ZR2 or Trail Boss to see how the add on piece fits or if the hood is actually different.

Tokolosh

Reaction score
Part numbers are available now i just don't know if i feel like dropping the cash...Anyone else thought of doing this?
Could look cool but I think I’d get more out of getting the front bumper to fit so my approach angle can get steeper.

GETGONE

Reaction score
For the cost of the OEM parts IF you can get them, you'd be better off going with an aftermarket bumper for clearance. It does appear the fenders and hood are still the same. Just the headlights, grill, bumper and fender front side panels are different.

HORNCHASER

Reaction score
I know some people who ordered the new ZR2 and are pissed that the new Trailboss looks just identical to their new ZR2s. Its a sweet looking pickup, but not for $10,000 more

Jmzvet

Reaction score
I know some people who ordered the new ZR2 and are pissed that the new Trailboss looks just identical to their new ZR2s. Its a sweet looking pickup, but not for $10,000 more
Agree. The ZR2 has the 6.2, fancy shocks, 35in tires, 1in lift over TB. That’s $3k total I would guess.
I’m not hating on the ZR2 since a TrailBoss doesn’t justify the price over a Z51 Silverado either 😝

GETGONE

Reaction score
It does NOT have 35" tires. It has the same 33" tires as the Trail Boss' From what I read it's a 2" lift over the Trail Boss. I have the 6.2 in my TB Custom so no loss to me there.

HORNCHASER

Reaction score
Yea the ZR2 sits pretty level. My 21’ next to one you can definitely tell the front end nose dives, but both rears are pretty equal. You put the 1.5 lift on front they be sitting the same

fan45acp

Reaction score
The ZR2 has front and rear electric lockers. Not to mention the fancy high dollar shocks..