What's new

2022 ZR2 Hood on 2020 Trail Boss

Shaun9319

Reaction score
Part numbers are available now i just don't know if i feel like dropping the cash...Anyone else thought of doing this?

I saw a 22 LTD alongside a 22 refresh and as far as I can tell they hoods are the same. I haven't seen a ZR2 or Trail Boss to see how the add on piece fits or if the hood is actually different.

For the cost of the OEM parts IF you can get them, you'd be better off going with an aftermarket bumper for clearance. It does appear the fenders and hood are still the same. Just the headlights, grill, bumper and fender front side panels are different.

I know some people who ordered the new ZR2 and are pissed that the new Trailboss looks just identical to their new ZR2s. Its a sweet looking pickup, but not for $10,000 more

Part numbers are available now i just don't know if i feel like dropping the cash...Anyone else thought of doing this?
I know some people who ordered the new ZR2 and are pissed that the new Trailboss looks just identical to their new ZR2s. Its a sweet looking pickup, but not for $10,000 more
Agree. The ZR2 has the 6.2, fancy shocks, 35in tires, 1in lift over TB. That’s $3k total I would guess.
I’m not hating on the ZR2 since a TrailBoss doesn’t justify the price over a Z51 Silverado either 😝

It does NOT have 35" tires. It has the same 33" tires as the Trail Boss' From what I read it's a 2" lift over the Trail Boss. I have the 6.2 in my TB Custom so no loss to me there.

Yea the ZR2 sits pretty level. My 21’ next to one you can definitely tell the front end nose dives, but both rears are pretty equal. You put the 1.5 lift on front they be sitting the same

That "add on" piece on the refresh TB hood is causing the paint to wear thru on the TB for sure which is causing a huge issue with GM. I've attached a close up of my hood where the very front of the hood is vertical for 2 1/2 inches. I think you'll find the earlier models do not have that initial vertical flat area. Two other photos show where the paint has rubbed completely off by the add on piece of a truck that is one month old.

Attachments

• IMG_5014.JPG
    IMG_5014.JPG
    485.9 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_5022.JPG
    IMG_5022.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_5023.JPG
    IMG_5023.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 333
I've taken the add-on 'scoop' off my '22 TB to have it painted satin black. (truck is black). No way to leave it off with the contours and holes left in the hood. May also look into another hood...

I would definitely buy an aftermarket hood for the TB over putting the ZR2 hood on it, lots of paint issues around the hood scoop… I have found a few hoods I like, just trying to decide which way to go with my build..

Most Reactions

Back