What's new

22 Trail Boss 6.2 break-in period

justinbassmaster

Reaction score
What's up fellow humans? I just purchased a brand new 2022 (21 body) trail boss and want everyone's thoughts on breaking in the new ride. I've never bought a brand new vehicle and need tips! Thanks for your input.

No real break in recommended by GM. I probably wouldn’t pull a 40ft trailer or take it to the drag strip the first 1000 miles😝

I live in San Diego but it’s been high 30s in the mornings. I love my heated seats and steering wheel for the first 15 minutes of my commute then I shut them off 👍

There are the obvious ones like forced Induction, nitrous, etc.
I’d stick with bolt on stuff you can easily remove and replace with the stock component if you need to take it to the dealer for a warranty claim.

vary the RPM significantly when possible.... after a 1000 miles or so I'd go full throttle everytime you drive it to get the pistons up into the cylinders as far as possible :) everything I own from boats to bikes happens the same way

What's up fellow humans? I just purchased a brand new 2022 (21 body) trail boss and want everyone's thoughts on breaking in the new ride. I've never bought a brand new vehicle and need tips! Thanks for your input.
Its all in the owners manual...most won't bother reading it.

vary the RPM significantly when possible.... after a 1000 miles or so I'd go full throttle everytime you drive it to get the pistons up into the cylinders as far as possible :) everything I own from boats to bikes happens the same way
I agree but I would dump the oil and filter change at no more than 1000 miles ( I like to do the first change at 500-700) to get the engine break-in compounds and any minute metal shavings from initial driving.

Everyone treats a virgin in either one of two ways. Either you take it easy at first with progression or you just grip it and rip it. I’ve always been the latter 😁

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Back