What's new

285/75/17

Long95

Reaction score
Anyone tried that tire size before? Id like to put some 0 offset 17 in wheels and I’m not sure if that’ll fit.

Anyone tried that tire size before? Id like to put some 0 offset 17 in wheels and I’m not sure if that’ll fit.
This is what I'm looking to do as well. I think it'll be a nice combo. Haven't seen anyone running it tho to see pictures. Maybe someone has...

Its only a 33.8 " tire so its not a real big gain but you also have to be careful with the 17's, not all will fit because of the brake caliper. That is mainly why you dont see many 17's on these trucks.

Most owners who are looking for smaller diameter wheels are doing so for extra sidewall. If that's the case for you, look at 18's and putting 285/75/18 which gives you the same sidewall height as the 17" setup your looking for, but with the addition of increased ground clearance as well.

Its only a 33.8 " tire so its not a real big gain but you also have to be careful with the 17's, not all will fit because of the brake caliper. That is mainly why you dont see many 17's on these trucks.

Most owners who are looking for smaller diameter wheels are doing so for extra sidewall. If that's the case for you, look at 18's and putting 285/75/18 which gives you the same sidewall height as the 17" setup your looking for, but with the addition of increased ground clearance as well.
Appreciate the reply. Reason I'm wanting 17's is that there are more options for C load tires. I want to avoid E load tires which would create a rougher ride.

Gotcha, finding anything 33" or greater in a C rating is TOUGH!!!

Is much trimming needed for the 285/75/18 on stock wheels/suspension?

Finally made it happen. 285/75/17 Toyo Open Country AT3 C load, 17x9 MVX Off-road V62 -12. Slight rub on the mudflaps when reversing. Getting the Mcgauhgys mud flap delete should take care of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1995.png
    IMG_1995.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 199

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back