What's new

295/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers do fit on Stock Trail Boss

DailyGrind

Reaction score
After reading several threads trying to determine which tire size to go with, I ended up getting the Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/70/18. Tires were installed on the factory black 18" chevy rims with no wheel spacers needed. There is no rubbing at all! Ride feels very similar to factory ride. I haven't had any noticeable power loss. While driving past radar speed limit signs I am only off by 1 mph on the speedometer.
2019 Trail Boss.jpg

2019 Trail Boss 1.jpg

I am still undecided if I am going to add a leveling kit.

Daily Grind,

I have two questions. Now that you have had the tires on for a few weeks do you notice any rubbing on full lock turns? That has happened to some members previously after oversized tires were on the vehicle for a few weeks.
Second, do you think the size of the tires would hinder the suspension off roading? I don’t do anything crazy or fast, but some of the fire lanes way up north have huge ruts and large exposed rocks/boulders that require some suspension articulation.

I’ll be the first to say they are a cool tire. I had them on my 2016 2500. Let me just say they are not great winter tires.. They felt scetchy in the snow..

Daily Grind,

I have two questions. Now that you have had the tires on for a few weeks do you notice any rubbing on full lock turns? That has happened to some members previously after oversized tires were on the vehicle for a few weeks.
Second, do you think the size of the tires would hinder the suspension off roading? I don’t do anything crazy or fast, but some of the fire lanes way up north have huge ruts and large exposed rocks/boulders that require some suspension articulation.
Pointman,
I have not had any rubbing at all. I have had it in full lock going forward as well as reverse several times with no issues.

Good question about the suspension. I am going camping in a couple weeks and I will let you know if I have any issues.

Pointman,
I have not had any rubbing at all. I have had it in full lock going forward as well as reverse several times with no issues.

Good question about the suspension. I am going camping in a couple weeks and I will let you know if I have any issues.
Have you had it off road yet? I would like the same tire size, but I worry about rubbing when I go off road. I don’t want to level the front because they say you shouldn’t use the auto 4x4, which my wife uses frequently during the winter.

After reading several threads trying to determine which tire size to go with, I ended up getting the Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/70/18. Tires were installed on the factory black 18" chevy rims with no wheel spacers needed. There is no rubbing at all! Ride feels very similar to factory ride. I haven't had any noticeable power loss. While driving past radar speed limit signs I am only off by 1 mph on the speedometer. View attachment 1166
View attachment 1165
do these have any fitment issue and are you using a leveling kit?

I’ll be the first to say they are a cool tire. I had them on my 2016 2500. Let me just say they are not great winter tires.. They felt scetchy in the snow..

I agree. Really liked them in the dry when new, nice and quiet. But I noted that even when new, in the rain, they didn't have the traction of Duratracs...by 20k miles wet and snow traction were pretty much gone and they were humming LOUD on the highway.

Here is a picture with 3.5" lift struts and 1.5" spacers. I did the mud flap delete and remove fender well brackets. The ride is perfect. I have had the ridge grapplers on my last 3 trucks and they performed great.

Attachments

• 20240216_151035.jpg
    20240216_151035.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
After reading several threads trying to determine which tire size to go with, I ended up getting the Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/70/18. Tires were installed on the factory black 18" chevy rims with no wheel spacers needed. There is no rubbing at all! Ride feels very similar to factory ride. I haven't had any noticeable power loss. While driving past radar speed limit signs I am only off by 1 mph on the speedometer. View attachment 1166
View attachment 1165
do you think if i buy same size in bf Ko2s still be good with no rubbing ?

do you think if i buy same size in bf Ko2s still be good with no rubbing ?
Did you end up going with the same size Ko2s? That's what I am thinking of doing but haven't heard much about fitment.

Did you end up going with the same size Ko2s? That's what I am thinking of doing but haven't heard much about fitment.
i have not yet but if nittos fit a cant see any reason for the same size in a ko2 not too hoping to get an answer but if i end up buying them before i do ill let you knopw

i have not yet but if nittos fit a cant see any reason for the same size in a ko2 not too hoping to get an answer but if i end up buying them before i do ill let you knopw
Sounds good, if I end up buying the KO2s and mounting them, I'll let you know how it goes.

The K02's seem to run smaller than other manufacturers per given tire size, based entirely off of reviews.

Most Reactions

Back