What's new

35” tires on stock trail boss with stock wheels

Ztb2020

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2020 trail boss with factory wheels and tires. Does anyone know if a set of 35x12.50R18 will fit and not rub without additional modifications? I was thinking of Yokohama geolander AT because the are less aggressive than factory tires and I do a lot of highway driving.
Any advice will help.
thank you

Are you still at stock height? If so, they will rub without some modification to the fender liners/mud flaps.

I'm ran 295/70/18 on stock wheels at stock height. I had minor contact. I would say that is as big as you can go bone stock.

Reactions: Baz
Are you still at stock height? If so, they will rub without some modification to the fender liners/mud flaps.

I'm ran 295/70/18 on stock wheels at stock height. I had minor contact. I would say that is as big as you can go bone stock.
Hello
I am still at stock height. How much trimming would be required you think?
Thank you

Staying with stock wheels will make a huge difference. The truck in the video is lifted. But I'd expect you'd have to do something similar on stock wheels without a lift to fit 35s.

I have a 2in ReadyLift level kit with 295/70s on stock 18in wheels. I did not rub at all until I added 1.5in wheel spacers.
I removed the fender liner brackets and modified the mudflaps. Zero rubbing

The mudflap / bracket/ liner mod is easy and barely noticeable. Frees up a lot of room👍

Added the Readylift 2" without the blocks in the back. Picture looks negative rake but it's the driveway. It's dead on level. Also added 1.2" spacers. Big improvement.

Attachments

• truck w lift.jpg
    truck w lift.jpg
    748.9 KB · Views: 2,068
I had a little rubbing with my 35's on 18's. A lot of babysitting off road and said f@(k it and put in the 6" lift. No issues! My two cents1

That was a smart move! Once my $2000 tires! wear out I am going to do the same thing. I never have really been comfortable with changing the geometry of the suspension with spacers. I did it and it seems fine but common sense tells me it's not the right way to lift the truck. I am going to have the suspension built then add 37 x 17s.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back