What's new

4800 miles and probs.....esc, emergency brake check engine etc.

Dave

Reaction score
Going down the highway about 70 mph today and truck starts shaking and losing power....gas it a little and it starts popping through the throttle body .....service esc light pops on then the little engine light starts popping on and off.....barely made it home.....completely sick.....any ideas?

Take it to the dealer. Also search broken valve spring for silverados. Seems to be a very common issue but I do not know for sure that your symptoms match or not. Again though, take it to the dealer and take advantage of the warranty.

Take it to the dealer. Also search broken valve spring for silverados. Seems to be a very common issue but I do not know for sure that your symptoms match or not. Again though, take it to the dealer and take advantage of the warranty.
After getting on YouTube I'm sure that's what it is.....and it sucks, makes me feel I have an untrustworthy truck

What year is your truck? Which engine (5.3 or 6.2)? Sorry to hear about this. Makes me fear that for the future of my truck. DISGUSTING how a truck can bet $45k + and have boat anchor engines in them.

What year is your truck? Which engine (5.3 or 6.2)? Sorry to hear about this. Makes me fear that for the future of my truck. DISGUSTING how a truck can bet $45k + and have boat anchor engines in them.
2020 5.3 4600 miles.....dropped of at dealership this morn...haven't heard a thing

2020 5.3 4600 miles.....dropped of at dealership this morn...haven't heard a thing
Must be why I'm seeing a BUNCH of TB's sitting in used lots with under 10k miles on them. People shagging their doomed to fail V-8's. Very sad. I feel like I made a mistake buying one.

Must be why I'm seeing a BUNCH of TB's sitting in used lots with under 10k miles on them. People shagging their doomed to fail V-8's. Very sad. I feel like I made a mistake buying one.
It's not just trail bosses.....

It's not just trail bosses.....
Ok, let me correct myself. Must be why I'm seeing tons of used, late model very low mileage GM products that are V-8 powered, usually TB's sitting on lots. Feel better?

Going down the highway about 70 mph today and truck starts shaking and losing power....gas it a little and it starts popping through the throttle body .....service esc light pops on then the little engine light starts popping on and off.....barely made it home.....completely sick.....any ideas?
Hey man.
Same exact thing happened to me on Wednesday. Same lights everything. Had mine towed to the dealership. It’s lifters. After doing research it seems to be happening a lot to certain trail bosses. I was told that trailbosses built between September 1st 2020- March 31st 2021 were put out with defective lifters. I’m also reading the parts are on back order for 1-2 months. It is covered by the warranty however they will only replace one at a time. You have to wait for the others to fail for them to replace them even though it’s a known issue. I’m fighting Chevy to have them all replaced now otherwise it’s a guessing game as to when it will happen again. I travel alot, luckily this time it happened when I was close to home.

Got truck back yesterday. Removed intake, left valve cover and cyl head, replaced all lifters on said side and one pushrod....said cam suffered no damage......seems fine.....time will tell.

Got truck back yesterday. Removed intake, left valve cover and cyl head, replaced all lifters on said side and one pushrod....said cam suffered no damage......seems fine.....time will tell.
Thanks for posting an update.

Just had a friend that has a 2021 Custom TB 5.3 and same thing happened to his TB at 9,000 miles. His has a build date of 9/21.
Man I feel like crap. Mine has a build date of 8/21.

Just had a friend that has a 2021 Custom TB 5.3 and same thing happened to his TB at 9,000 miles. His has a build date of 9/21.
Man I feel like crap. Mine has a build date of 8/21.
THAT SUCKS. Hoping I was out of the woods. Mine was built 8/21 too.

Most Reactions

Back