What's new

4800 miles and probs.....esc, emergency brake check engine etc.

I had a 2008 5.3 Suburban with AFM that had zero engine issues with over 200K milesđź‘Ť
Hoping for the same with my 2021 5.3 with DFMđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

I had a 2008 5.3 Suburban with AFM that had zero engine issues with over 200K milesđź‘Ť
Hoping for the same with my 2021 5.3 with DFMđź‘Ťđź‘Ť
For obvious reasons the engines that have issues get a lot of the chatter and even some headlines. It clearly is a big enough issue that those of us with the V8s should be aware and watch for the signs but I'd really like to see some sort of percentage published somewhere. It has to be relatively low for it to not have triggered a required recall but still high enough to trigger the service memo. Maybe we are talking about 1-2%? Maybe higher?

You’re right. Owners don’t join forums to talk about their engines that “didn’t”
break🤣

For obvious reasons the engines that have issues get a lot of the chatter and even some headlines. It clearly is a big enough issue that those of us with the V8s should be aware and watch for the signs but I'd really like to see some sort of percentage published somewhere. It has to be relatively low for it to not have triggered a required recall but still high enough to trigger the service memo. Maybe we are talking about 1-2%? Maybe higher?
I agree it has to be a very low %. It would be nice to know the actual number of these engines on the road now merely for a comfort level.

2021 TB 6.2L Black Edition. Build date within the dreaded 3 month period. Bad lifter on pass side at 8000+ ....dealer replaced all lifters on that side. Three months later lost one lifter on driver side. All lifters replaced and dealer said would warrant to 100k on the engine.
17k miles on the truck now with no issues. Love the truck - closest thing to a hot rod I've had since my youth...
Just bought my trail boss 3/15 2022. 450 miles on it. 2022 6.2L Custom 4x4. build date on car shows 2/2022. i don't think that seems to matter. Its almost a blessing to have both sides go early I guess. I've been driving in L9. I'm going to add some stiction eliminator by hot shot secret in the hopes that will help with lubrication and avoid failure?

I have 23K now on my 2020 had a few check engine lights in the beginning no problems since each time they said it was just computer reset drives Awesome and looks great ...Many upgrades now ran out things to buy
tempImage3K1nEX.png

I have 23K now on my 2020 had a few check engine lights in the beginning no problems since each time they said it was just computer reset drives Awesome and looks great ...Many upgrades now ran out things to buy View attachment 2895
do you drive it in regular drive? do you have the pulsar LT or anything like that? Looks great !

New to the forum- 1st post.

I just bought a 2022 Custom TrailBoss 6.2 and I have been reading about the lifter failures in the 2020-2021 models as well as the class action lawsuit.

With only 300 miles on the truck so far, I’m worried about problems in the future- not a good feeling to have about a new $50k truck…..

My question is: Is this still an issue with the 2022 models or has the problem been resolved?

Attachments

• 7BB55973-238E-408B-8A04-D8B4314E94C7.jpeg
    7BB55973-238E-408B-8A04-D8B4314E94C7.jpeg
    532.6 KB · Views: 10
New to the forum- 1st post.

I just bought a 2022 Custom TrailBoss 6.2 and I have been reading about the lifter failures in the 2020-2021 models as well as the class action lawsuit.

With only 300 miles on the truck so far, I’m worried about problems in the future- not a good feeling to have about a new $50k truck…..

My question is: Is this still an issue with the 2022 models or has the problem been resolved?
It is something to be aware of but not stress over. We don't even know what percentage of trucks are impacted could be less than 1% or up to 5%... but I'd guess on the lower end. It is high profile enough to grab headlines but there are more than 500,000 of these trucks sold each year. That means there are also a ton of solid units without issues.

That’s a great question and I don’t think anyone knows yet.

It is something to be aware of but not stress over. We don't even know what percentage of trucks are impacted could be less than 1% or up to 5%... but I'd guess on the lower end. It is high profile enough to grab headlines but there are more than 500,000 of these trucks sold each year. That means there are also a ton of solid units without issues.
Yeah, I’m not going to let it affect me too much.
Just gonna drive it and hope the issue has been resolved. Probably going to get a Pulsar LT to deactivate auto start/stop and DFM anyway …

Warranty…that’s what warranty is for. I had a lifter go at 287 miles. Yes I was sick, but once they fixed it I’ve been fine. That was over 10,750 miles ago. I’ve also had a Pulsar LT for most of the miles too.

Has anyone who ever bought and installed the Pulsar LT ever experience the lifter issue since they had the Pulsar in????

I installed the Pulsar LT at 300 miles on my 21 Trailboss LT 6.2L. At 13k miles I had lifter failure and a bent pushrod. I am still using the Pulsar because I like its other features. By no means will this device prevent a mechanical failure of a part that was poorly engineered.

Most Reactions

Back