What's new

6.2 trailboss lifter issue question

Deadstockpomp

Reaction score
just purchased a 6.2 1500 trail boss built 8/21. was wondering if my build date is past what seems to be a bad batch of lifters. Truck has 150 miles so I guess we’ll see. Do you guys think I’m at risk of valve train failure? I’ve dealt with a spun bearing on my 13 Sti at 8k miles and that was not fun, so I’m hoping I don’t need another new car warranty engine repair.

The worst part is you never know😬
Though it appears most of the bad ones were built in last 1/4 of 2020.

The worst part is you never know😬
Though it appears most of the bad ones were built in last 1/4 of 2020.
I’m really hoping I passed this issue. Seems like most issues occurred in September 2020-March 2021 productions. My production is 8/21 so maybe I joined the team when the smoke cleared 😅

I saw that same GM release. I just purchased a 6.2 trail boss that's in transit and hasn't arrived yet. Should I call the dealership to see if they will be replacing them?

I saw that same GM release. I just purchased a 6.2 trail boss that's in transit and hasn't arrived yet. Should I call the dealership to see if they will be replacing them?
"The fix: dealership technicians are instructed to replace both banks of cylinders in affected vehicles. These repairs must be performed upon arrival at the dealership and before the vehicles are sold to customers."

Just bought one as well that will arrive this week. I asked the salesman if they were going to replace the lifters and he said there’s no recalls on my VIN 🤷‍♂️

Try this :

Most Reactions

Back