What's new

6.2 vs 5.3?

In Canada the cost difference between regular and premium fuel is a lot higher than in the United States. I’ve run 87 octane to 94 octane fuel in my 6.2 and have noticed the same as what BRT stated earlier. I find the 6.2 to be a fairly loud motor with all the clicks and clacks it makes, but I’m told that’s the nature of the beast. It seems to run a bit smoother and get better gas mileage when I run the premium gas.

Manual calls for 93 octane but sais you can run it on 87. Its a higher compression motor that should be run on higher octane fuel. Im a GM tech and I love the 6.2l over the 5.3l If you are going to spend $60k on a truck get the better motor.

I just got back from a 1500 mile trip and I am glad I went with the 6.2. At 80+ I am getting an easy 17-17.5. The city is now about 15. I've had many 5.3's but the 6.2 is the one for me. I like the the way the mufflers sound and the way the engine resonates. But then I also ride Harley's.

Still putting 87 octane in that thing hot shot?
I think its great that 6 months later I still got under your skin enough, that you had to come back after all this time to pick another fight.. It truly shows how much of a loser you really are, and how much I live in your mind. This "Hot shots" truck is paid off...Is yours???? I tell you what, every time your monthly truck payment comes in the mail I want you to think about me laughing at you.... Hot shot.. I also just bought the wife a 2021 BMW X5 45E... Again, I don't buy anything I can't afford.. Considering the way you're acting, it seems you have some inferiority complex. So there you go skippy, there's the response you were looking for to start ANOTHER forum fight. Come back with some more of your bullshit to show the group just how "manly" you really are. I mean you bought the truck to make up for your shortcomings, why stop there... All of this because I asked a legitimate question... You are truly pathetic..

I’m an Astronaut and part time limo driver. I’ve completed numerous missions in galaxies far far away and driven many drunk women on bar hopping excursions.
I always run 87 octane in my space ships and stretched Lincolns.
Hope this helps😝

I have the 6.2

While it is exciting and fun to drive, the hemi for certain reasons is IMHO a better drivetrain setup.

I am around 15.2 for almost 4k miles

I have the 6.2

While it is exciting and fun to drive, the hemi for certain reasons is IMHO a better drivetrain setup.

I am around 15.2 for almost 4k miles
Then whyd you get the silvy

Then whyd you get the silvy

When Chevy put the 6.2 in half tons I told myself I would give it a shot.

The 5.3 is a good motor but leaves a little to be desired IMO.

Also I believe my Ram did ride a bit smoother as well. I understand that has more to do with the z71 package but still just something that’s my opinion.

I’ve had the 5.7 Hemi in my 2013 Ram and now the 6.2 in my Trail Boss... I think the 6.2 feels more powerful in my opinion. I’m a fan of both engines though.

Steelboss and BRT. You’re both acting like major D Bags. Enjoy your trucks, family, and lifestyle. Too much hate in tbe world
Let’s keep it to helping each other with our TBs and saving the negativity for Fords and Rams😂
I agree fella, I just liked getting him spun up. Im done

Most Reactions

Back