What's new

Active Fuel Management

murph21

Reaction score
Question: Do 2023 TB models still have Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) included? I read that they had stopped including it for a period due to chip shortage. Trying to determine if my '23 5.3L V8 has it. Thank you.

My 22 refresh does not have it. Of course you can also look at your best MPG calculation and tell as well lol

I have a 22 w/o DFM and so far my best is 24.3. That mostly highway driving in Ohio and WV.

Question: Do 2023 TB models still have Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) included? I read that they had stopped including it for a period due to chip shortage. Trying to determine if my '23 5.3L V8 has it. Thank you.
I don't believe it was ever temporarily cancelled. I believe auto stop/start was temporarily cancelled due to the chip shortage, but that is back too. Your 5.3 will have DFM, Dynamic Fuel Management. The difference from AFM is that it will shut all the way down to two cylinders, whereas AFM only shut down to four.

I personally immediately invested in the Pulsar LT to deactive DFM and auto stop/start. Now I honestly forget that my truck even has that function lol. A good tuner will also allow you to deactive those features.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back