What's new

Adjusting Headlights after Level

Brando

Reaction score
I added SEALIGHT LED high and low beams to my '21 custom Trail Boss as well as a 1.5" level to the front end so it sits level with the rear. I was getting flashed the past few weeks when driving at night, so I adjusted the headlights down 1 1/2 turns and it seems to be better, I am curious to see if others have experienced similar, or if there is a recommended adjustment for leveled trail boss headlights. Does anyone know if a certain # of turns equates to a specific decrease in the headlight height?

I added SEALIGHT LED high and low beams to my '21 custom Trail Boss as well as a 1.5" level to the front end so it sits level with the rear. I was getting flashed the past few weeks when driving at night, so I adjusted the headlights down 1 1/2 turns and it seems to be better, I am curious to see if others have experienced similar, or if there is a recommended adjustment for leveled trail boss headlights. Does anyone know if a certain # of turns equates to a specific decrease in the headlight height?
Chevy just installed my 1.5" leveling kit on my 2022 TB and I noticed they didnt adjust the lights as I cant see as well at night....also just made another appointment because of nasty clunking in the front end now...wtf.

Just park about 10ft away from a wall or garage door at night. Line up left and right beams down a bit then drive at night to see how it is. Keep on adjusting up or down until you get the illumination on the road that you want. It's not that hard...

Just park about 10ft away from a wall or garage door at night. Line up left and right beams down a bit then drive at night to see how it is. Keep on adjusting up or down until you get the illumination on the road that you want. It's not that hard...
Thanks,
I was never having a problem with getting adequate illumination on the road, these LEDs have been great, it was really to prevent burning out everyone else's retinas with only my low beams on 😵

I did the sealights too and even with the 1.5" leveling it did not seem to be much difference in my T pattern on my wall, just brighter ! The only times I get flashed is towing horses or a couple of times now from the sandbags in my bed.

Attachments

• IMG_2013.JPG
    IMG_2013.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2019.JPG
    IMG_2019.JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 31
With my previous truck (2021 F250) Ford had the procedure in the owners manual. I just checked my 2022 TB owners manual and it says (see below). So no joy there. FWIW the Ford procedure was to park 25’ away from a wall and measure to the center of the low beam reflector and match the measurement on the wall.

Front Headlamp Aiming​

Headlamp aim has been preset and should need no further adjustment.
If the vehicle is damaged in a crash, the headlamp aim may be affected. If adjustment to the headlamps is necessary, see your dealer.

I was would this as well. I did a 4 inch rough country lift and the shop didn't adjust my lights. So now I'm trying to figure out what is the correct setting 🤔

Most Reactions

Back