What's new

AFM Disabler 5.3 6L80

Maintain71

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Trailboss Custom with a 5.3 engine and 6L80 trans. I have been thinking about buying Range’s AFM disabler but I’d like to know if it actually works on my truck. Anyone out there have one? How does it work?

Don’t have on on my 21 yet but I do have one on my wife’s Denali. Simply plugs in and that’s it. On the Denali you have an option in the dash to see how many cylinders you’re running on...with the range plugged in...it always says 8

I have a 2020 Trailboss Custom with a 5.3 engine and 6L80 trans. I have been thinking about buying Range’s AFM disabler but I’d like to know if it actually works on my truck. Anyone out there have one? How does it work?
Don’t have on on my 21 yet but I do have one on my wife’s Denali. Simply plugs in and that’s it. On the Denali you have an option in the dash to see how many cylinders you’re running on...with the range plugged in...it always says 8
So I actually got one for my 2020 and have been using it for about 3 weeks now and it works like it should. I have my truck straight piped and a cold air intake and before I had the Range AFM disabler, it had a horrible droning sound when it was in V-4 mode. With the Range plugged in, the droning is gone and I love it. When my warranty is up I will put a tuner on it but for now, this works.

Works great, I highly recommend it.
BTW, for others out there, I used it on my 2021 even though their website says its not available yet for 2021

Works great, I highly recommend it.
BTW, for others out there, I used it on my 2021 even though their website says its not available yet for 2021
What tranny do you have and do you know if your firmware is up to date ???

Most Reactions

Back