What's new

Aftermarket Exhaust for 6.2L

Which Borla Exhaust would you get?

• Total voters

Trail_Boss_6.2

Reaction score
I have a 2021 TB with the 6.2L and like most, don't like how quiet the exhaust is. I'd like to get an aftermarket exhaust (Either CAT back or Muffler) but listening on youtube video's isn't really helping.
I was wondering what other are running and if your happy with it.

I am looking for:
Externally Louder​
No Drone inside cab​
Nice sound​
Fairly quite inside cab unless getting into it.​
Thanks

I have a 2021 TB with the 6.2L and like most, don't like how quiet the exhaust is. I'd like to get an aftermarket exhaust (Either CAT back or Muffler) but listening on youtube video's isn't really helping.

I am looking for:
Externally Louder​
No Drone inside cab​
Nice sound​
Thanks
I haven't done my exhaust yet but my research and YouTube watching keeps leading me to AWE. They have lots of experience on the track but are newer to pickups. From what I can see and hear the anti-drone tech is top notch but also let's the V8 sounds fly.

I am looking for:
Externally Louder​
No Drone inside cab​
Nice sound​
Thanks
I have a Borla Touring with the 5.3, it sounds gd. Pretty quiet until you get into it then it comes alive.

I have a Borla Touring with the 5.3, it sounds gd. Pretty quiet until you get into it then it comes alive.
Thanks for the response, I was leaning towards the Borla S-type, but sounds like the touring may be more of what I am looking for.

Thanks for the response, I was leaning towards the Borla S-type, but sounds like the touring may be more of what I am looking for.
You’re welcome. The S type will most definitely be louder and more aggressive. I went with the Touring since I wanted something that wouldn’t be too obnoxious. Other than initial start up, and getting on the throttle, you can’t really tell that there’s a cat back on it. Once it warms up at idle it’s quiet. Borla has a video on YouTube comparing the 3 exhausts, give it a watch 👍🏻

Thanks... Checked out the video, love the ATAK but neighbors would apricate it. Touring defiantly sounds better that stock, but leaning towards the S-Type.

I think Ill put up a pole and see what the community here thinks.

I am looking for:
Externally Louder​
No Drone inside cab​
Nice sound​
Thank
I

I am looking for:
Externally Louder​
No Drone inside cab​
Nice sound​
Thanks
I have the Borla style S on my 2021 Trailboss with 6.2. I love the sound. It is awesome! A little loud on cold start but worth it.

I have the Borla style S on my 2021 Trailboss with 6.2. I love the sound. It is awesome! A little loud on cold start but worth it.
I’m leaning toward it. Checking on cost for dealership to install. The Borla thru Chevy would cost $162.50 if they will install for that, I’ll probably go to them for the install.

Thanks for replying and the info. It’s helping in my decision. (y)

I’m leaning toward it. Checking on cost for dealership to install. The Borla thru Chevy would cost $162.50 if they will install for that, I’ll probably go to them for the install.

Thanks for replying and the info. It’s helping in my decision. (y)
I brought mine online and had Master Muffler install. They wanted my stock exhaust for trucks that get in accidents and I talked them down on labor costs knowing they were going to use my stock exhaust. $160.00 to install. Paid 1,157.00 for the exhaust about a year ago.

Could always save a bit of money and do it yourself. Did mine in about an hour and a half. Straight forward and pretty easy. Hardest part was removing old set up, but that’s what a sawzall is for lol. If I could do it again I most likely would’ve gone S-Type myself, especially when there’s no real cost difference

I have the Borla Atak on my 6.2. It is loud on cold starts, but just right driving around town. Before I installed it, I had done a muffler delete which sounded almost exactly the same FWIW

I have the Borla Touring cat-back exhaust on my TB. It is what you are looking for. You won't be disappointed.

Could always save a bit of money and do it yourself. Did mine in about an hour and a half. Straight forward and pretty easy. Hardest part was removing old set up, but that’s what a sawzall is for lol. If I could do it again I most likely would’ve gone S-Type myself, especially when there’s no real cost difference
Thanks for the info.. I think I'll install myself then.

I have the Borla Atak on my 6.2. It is loud on cold starts, but just right driving around town. Before I installed it, I had done a muffler delete which sounded almost exactly the same FWIW
Thanks. If it weren't for my neighbors, I'd definitely go with the ATAK. And if i decide the 2-type is not loud enough, I can just swap out the resonator "Modifies S-Type System to Produce ATAK Sound" with the Polyphonic Harmonizer Pipe :sneaky:

Most Reactions

Back