What's new

Amp Research

NavyChief

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations or even reviews on these amp research running boards? My coworker has one and told me to be careful because the motors burn out and becomes a useless running board.

I bought mine from a forum member who sold his truck so I guess they are about 3 yrs old now. Zero issues. Mine haven't been in harsh conditions though. Maybe if you rock bash or do a lot of muddin, they might not last.

I bought mine from a forum member who sold his truck so I guess they are about 3 yrs old now. Zero issues. Mine haven't been in harsh conditions though. Maybe if you rock bash or do a lot of muddin, they might not last.
All I really do is pull the truck into the ramp to pull the boat. You might have made up my mind. Thanks bud.

gotta buddy who is here on the Baja with a set and backs into the water all the time to drop the boat... doesn't rinse salt off .. knowns him for three years ... seems to be problem free...

gotta buddy who is here on the Baja with a set and backs into the water all the time to drop the boat... doesn't rinse salt off .. knowns him for three years ... seems to be problem free...
Awesome, thank you Brian. Yeah I’m in Miami and I’m fishing almost every weekend. I do hose the truck down. I just bought the extreme kit off their website.

I had a set of the bestop electric steps (used to be the distributor for Amp, and copied their desgn when the split happened. However, bestop had to use a different controller and different motors). The bestop steps would burn through at least one motor if not two or three a year, while my buddies with the Amp steps had no issues. While bestop kept sending me new motors, I couldn’t help but be a little jealous of the guys with the Amp steps haha. Even if you do have an issue, amp has a long warranty, and from what I hear, they take good care of their customers. Congrats on your new steps, you’ll love them!!

We have them on our 2023 z71 Tahoe and love them, no issues whatsoever. Tuck up nice to the body and look so much cleaner than the stock junk tube ones they put on from the factory.

I have AMP on mine and they get beat up pretty bad. Yes, they have dents from rocks and logs. Less than a year old and no issues. If they fail I'd replace them in a heart beat. With a lifted vehicle they just make it look clean, and well, easier to get in and out of.

I have AMP on mine and they get beat up pretty bad. Yes, they have dents from rocks and logs. Less than a year old and no issues. If they fail I'd replace them in a heart beat. With a lifted vehicle they just make it look clean, and well, easier to get in and out of.
Does it drop and out pretty good? My delivery is set for Monday so I’ll see then how they look. My truck is sitting on 35s and has the 2” lift kit from readylift in the front. I wanted something that tucks in nicely and makes the truck look its height.

I’ve had mine for 1 1/2 years and no problems so far. Mine has the two motor setup so that might help.

I love these steps. I installed mine in a day. Pretty nerve-wracking drilling holes in my new truck, but it is what it is.

Most Reactions

Back