What's new

Android Phone not Ringing Through Radio

danh63

Reaction score
So I have a Samsung Android phone hooked up in my truck. How come the phone doesn't ring through the radio? The music cuts off but it doesn't ring. Or is that the way it is in this truck?

dagedoty

Reaction score
Check your phone settings to see if your ringer is set to silent. The truck's system should play whatever ringtone you have set up.

Remanaz

Reaction score
Mine doesn't ring either. Just cuts off the music and displays the incoming call. This is with usb and bluetooth. My ringer is at full volume too. Perhaps a setting in the Android Auto app on the phone is the cause but I have not looked for it since I haven't missed any calls.

Remanaz

Reaction score
I wonder if size matters here 😟. I have the 7" infotainment system. What size screen do all have? Maybe we will see a pattern.

OP
D

danh63

Reaction score
I wonder if size matters here 😟. I have the 7" infotainment system. What size screen do all have? Maybe we will see a pattern.
I have the Bose system whatever size that is

rhinoboss

Reaction score
Do you have the latest infotainment update? This update seems to fix a lot of issues

Remanaz

Reaction score
I have the Bose system whatever size that is

I am not sure if the 7 comes in a Bose flavor or not. Maybe someone else knows. I suspect you have one of the two 8" options. If so then size is not relative to this.

Frombieman

Reaction score
Connect phone. On right side, select phone options. Select your actual phone connection. Then there is a small button on right. Click this, it will show what your phone is enabled to do. Maybe this will show the issue.

Remanaz

Reaction score
I had gone into the app settings on my phone and found a setting for notification sound. Turned that on and now my text sound plays through the radio. Haven't had a call yet but since the text sound is the one from my phone I would expect the call ringtone would also play now. We shall see.

OP
D

danh63

Reaction score
I had gone into the app settings on my phone and found a setting for notification sound. Turned that on and now my text sound plays through the radio. Haven't had a call yet but since the text sound is the one from my phone I would expect the call ringtone would also play now. We shall see.
So if I have my phone on vibrate it won't ring through the radio. I am not sure but I think my phone is on vibrate pretty much all the time. I will have to turn the volume up and try it then.

Remanaz

Reaction score
The setting I turned on was in the android auto app itself on the phone.

Open the android auto app on your phone. Click on the three bars at the top left of the screen. Then click settings. Then scroll down and find the setting labeled as "No sound from notifications." Make sure this is NOT enabled. I had to turn this off.

Last edited:

tbuss5831

Reaction score
If you have the IOR radio, base system radio, there is a pretty big update that fixes a lot of issues. It does require a USB update to be done at the dealer as well as a regular programming. I get a lot of trucks coming through the shop with IOR radios having a lot of issues, I used to just replace them until they came out with this update.

bcs-extreme

Reaction score
If you have the IOR radio, base system radio, there is a pretty big update that fixes a lot of issues. It does require a USB update to be done at the dealer as well as a regular programming. I get a lot of trucks coming through the shop with IOR radios having a lot of issues, I used to just replace them until they came out with this update.
I have a 2021 Custom and the radio will not hold the equalizer settings. Does this update by chance fix this issue? I am waiting for my first oil change to have it looked at. Would you also have a number for this update incase the dealer is unaware?

Most Reactions