What's new

Android Phone not Ringing Through Radio

danh63

Reaction score
So I have a Samsung Android phone hooked up in my truck. How come the phone doesn't ring through the radio? The music cuts off but it doesn't ring. Or is that the way it is in this truck?

Check your phone settings to see if your ringer is set to silent. The truck's system should play whatever ringtone you have set up.

Mine doesn't ring either. Just cuts off the music and displays the incoming call. This is with usb and bluetooth. My ringer is at full volume too. Perhaps a setting in the Android Auto app on the phone is the cause but I have not looked for it since I haven't missed any calls.

I wonder if size matters here 😟. I have the 7" infotainment system. What size screen do all have? Maybe we will see a pattern.

I wonder if size matters here 😟. I have the 7" infotainment system. What size screen do all have? Maybe we will see a pattern.
I have the Bose system whatever size that is

I have the Bose system whatever size that is

I am not sure if the 7 comes in a Bose flavor or not. Maybe someone else knows. I suspect you have one of the two 8" options. If so then size is not relative to this.

Connect phone. On right side, select phone options. Select your actual phone connection. Then there is a small button on right. Click this, it will show what your phone is enabled to do. Maybe this will show the issue.

Most Reactions

Back