What's new

Any Issues?

Cabin Fever

Reaction score
It's been ~25 years or so since I've owned a Chevy truck. I didn't have a very good experience with the last one, as it had lots of mechanical issues and I had to put it down by the time it hit ~120k miles. I didn't think I would ever own another Chevy. But damn, that Trail Boss caught my eye and I thought I would give Chevys another shot. Curious if anyone has had any issues, mechanical or otherwise, so far with their Trail Boss?

Be sure to get an oil catch can!
These are direct injection motors, the oil and water vapors from the crankcase gets dumped into the intake through the PVC valve. These contaminants will build up on the intake valves and cause issues later on after the warranty expires. Most engines are port injection and have fuel sprayed right through the intake ports keeping the valves clean, but the new chevy V8's inject the fuel directly into the combustion chamber.
After 4000miles my catch can caught about 1/2cup of oil
It works, only took 5mins to install.

It's been ~25 years or so since I've owned a Chevy truck. I didn't have a very good experience with the last one, as it had lots of mechanical issues and I had to put it down by the time it hit ~120k miles. I didn't think I would ever own another Chevy. But damn, that Trail Boss caught my eye and I thought I would give Chevys another shot. Curious if anyone has had any issues, mechanical or otherwise, so far with their Trail Boss?

I never heard of this catch can...can you direct me to a website where I can find one?

Engineering classes keep me up pretty late every night.

also, check out this cold air intake from GM

Don't get it from here, but take the stock number and search it on google, you can get it for about $500, then take your truck to the dealer for a reflash of the computer, when I put mine on I didn't notice a power gain until I got it flashed.

unfortunately i am still in a rental truck after my 2020 chevy trail boss purchase. It is still at the dealership. I lose sleep wondering if my trail boss i purchased is safe to drive again after all the trucks computer issues that came with the 60k plus purchase price i paid for it. GM is now passing me a long to different agents to handle my case. This is not right!!!. I am still asking for a re-purchase.

unfortunately i am still in a rental truck after my 2020 chevy trail boss purchase. It is still at the dealership. I lose sleep wondering if my trail boss i purchased is safe to drive again after all the trucks computer issues that came with the 60k plus purchase price i paid for it. GM is now passing me a long to different agents to handle my case. This is not right!!!. I am still asking for a re-purchase.
I still don’t have any answers!!

The only problem I have is I can't get the stupid grin off my face everytime I give the 6.2 the onion.?

Hopefully it all gets sorted out and they get you back into a Trail Boss that works.

whats the update on your trail boss?

Most Reactions

Back