What's new

Any warranty issues yet??

Ryan 65

Reaction score
I have had my Trailboss for 5 months now and must say I totally love it!!!! I get compliments everywhere I go. Just the other day my infotainment screen totally quit working. The backup cam still works. I have a appointment at the dealership next week for its first oil change and to have this issue looked at.

My truck was in the service dept for appx 3wks for the same concern. Water leak at passenger side back glass. Eventually required entire back glass assy to be replaced. Very annoying

Must have been built on a Monday!
Actually, this is an ongoing problem with the Trail Boss, from start-of-run to current. Mine currently has a minor leak at the top of the rear window (driver's side) that will be going in for repair soon. Hundreds of owners are reporting the same, I'm guessing thousands more just don't realize the problem yet! It's some sort of build/design flaw and coming from either the rear window (slider type) or possibly the roof spoiler.

I have a 2021 Trail Boss with the 6.2 and with less than 900 miles on it. At 350 miles while waiting at a red light, with the auto start turned off and my foot on the brake, my truck felt like it was trying to mildly surge forward. The same thing occurred at the next light as well. Then no more problem for 50 or so miles. It has happened a number of times since then with the surging becoming more like a light pulsating or engine vibrating feeling. Would love to take it to the dealer but it is so intermittent I doubt it will occur when they have it. However, I will have it looked at when I take it in for it's first oil change. About 5 weeks ago I did speak with the service manager about it and was told that he had not heard of that complaint. He also told me that there had been 51 different complaints so far for 2021 Silverados. I must say though that other than the one issue I love the Trail Boss. Little extra info: I sold my 2007 Tundra to get the Trail Boss. I bought the Tundra new and sold it with 65k miles on it. I only had one issue with that truck and that had to do with the poor tailgate design.

I dropped my Trailboss off today for the complimentary first oil change and tire rotation. If my infotainment center can't be reprogrammed it will take several days to get a new one. I will keep you posted.

I have a 2021 Trail Boss with the 6.2 and with less than 900 miles on it. At 350 miles while waiting at a red light, with the auto start turned off and my foot on the brake, my truck felt like it was trying to mildly surge forward. The same thing occurred at the next light as well. Then no more problem for 50 or so miles. It has happened a number of times since then with the surging becoming more like a light pulsating or engine vibrating feeling. Would love to take it to the dealer but it is so intermittent I doubt it will occur when they have it. However, I will have it looked at when I take it in for it's first oil change. About 5 weeks ago I did speak with the service manager about it and was told that he had not heard of that complaint. He also told me that there had been 51 different complaints so far for 2021 Silverados. I must say though that other than the one issue I love the Trail Boss. Little extra info: I sold my 2007 Tundra to get the Trail Boss. I bought the Tundra new and sold it with 65k miles on it. I only had one issue with that truck and that had to do with the poor tailgate design.

DO NOT LET THIS GO UNTIL YOUR FIRST OIL CHANGE.

Take it in before a bigger problem leaves you with having to drive a loaner.

I dropped my Trailboss off today for the complimentary first oil change and tire rotation. If my infotainment center can't be reprogrammed it will take several days to get a new one. I will keep you posted.
Any update?

My truck has been at the dealer for far too many times...
1- Rivets missing from the Z71 Emblem on the floor mat, they made me schedule an appt. to bring it in so "a mechanic can diagnose the issue" - I explained to them it wasn't a mechanic, anyone can see it's missing rivets
2-Leaking rear window, in for that twice
3-Rear Parking Sensors/Parking Sensors alert is going off saying they are not working. It was a dealer for 1 day two weeks ago, can't find anything wrong they said. Now I took it back, and it's been at dealer for a week now, and still can't figure it out. First Dealer said it was b/c I had the rust proof inhibitor oil spray done, then they said it wasn't that, then they said it was bc I had LED bulbs that I put in, wasn't that b/c I put the OEM bulbs back in (while it was parked in their lot), they drove it 5 miles and had the issue duplicate itself 1 time in that 5 mile drive. So now they are waiting for a GM Corp Technician or whatever his title is to come out and see what the issue is. I have no idea. The dealer put me into a loaner so it's not the end of the world, would just like to have this issue figured out.

6 months and 5k miles had check engine light come on twice in the past month. First time dealer said needed to run an update and reprogram the EBS. Second time they needed to reprogram the ECM. They gave me a print out of the bulletin from GM on 2/23/2021 that showed all of the vehicles that may be affected.

It turns out that the dealership had to install a new infotainment unit. Thank God it was covered under warranty. I need to start paying more attention to the rear glass because I have been reading about potential leaks.

1- Rivets missing from the Z71 Emblem on the floor mat, they made me schedule an appt. to bring it in so "a mechanic can diagnose the issue" - I explained to them it wasn't a mechanic, anyone can see it's missing rivets
3-Rear Parking Sensors/Parking Sensors alert is going off saying they are not working. It was a dealer for 1 day two weeks ago, can't find anything wrong they said. Now I took it back, and it's been at dealer for a week now, and still can't figure it out. First Dealer said it was b/c I had the rust proof inhibitor oil spray done, then they said it wasn't that, then they said it was bc I had LED bulbs that I put in, wasn't that b/c I put the OEM bulbs back in (while it was parked in their lot), they drove it 5 miles and had the issue duplicate itself 1 time in that 5 mile drive. So now they are waiting for a GM Corp Technician or whatever his title is to come out and see what the issue is. I have no idea. The dealer put me into a loaner so it's not the end of the world, would just like to have this issue figured out.
Mine does the same rear parking sensor alert. The sensors seem to be working fine. Not what I’d exoect on a $55k truck😬

Up until today things were going good for my 2021 boss. I was on the highway heading to work when all of a sudden it seemed like my parking brake tried to engage. Instantly, I recieved:
Engine power reduced
Service ESC
Service parking brake.
As I pulled to the side of the road, the truck felt as if I was driving thru the parking brake alittle. Not sure if it was due to the "engine power reduced" issue.
So once parked on the side of the road, I engaged and disengaged the park brake with no issue. Shut the truck down for a couple minutes then restarted it back up. Check engine light stayed on but all other warnings were gone. Truck had power again so off to work I went.
Aside from this, the only issue I've had with the truck has been if I'm in 4 wheel drive and parked, I switch to 2 wheel drive and the park brake engages. Mentioned this to the dealer/shop and they hadn't heard of it.
Anyone else having or had this happen?

Attachments

• 20210313_051106.jpg
    20210313_051106.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210313_051054.jpg
    20210313_051054.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20210313_051044.jpg
    20210313_051044.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 59
Mine does the same rear parking sensor alert. The sensors seem to be working fine. Not what I’d exoect on a $55k truck😬
Did your parking sensor issue get fixed?
Mine still does it 2-3x a week.

Did your parking sensor issue get fixed?
Mine still does it 2-3x a week.
No, no parking brake sensors. I was told mine was part of a transfer harness issue. Not sure what the issue was with it but once it faulted out it triggered the engine derate, parking brake service and ESC service. The shop pulled the codes and ordered the part. The part took a month to get in. Then after that, dropped truck off to get fixed, was told a 4hr fix. 22 days later I got my truck back.
Parts guy ordered the part only, didnt know that it required one time use bolts, so that took another 2 weeks to get in, then the new part they put in faulted out again with a transmission temp sensor. Another week and a half the shop finally called that it's done.

Most Reactions

Back