What's new

Any warranty issues yet??

10 days ago, check engine light comes on. Truck driving fine. So I head to dealership. A mile from dealership, I get service parking brake message, traction control off, and it goes into limp mode. 5400 miles on it. Whole dash lit up like a Christmas tree.

I pull it into the service bay, put it in park and shut it off, but the truck isn’t recognizing it’s in park, so it won’t let the key turn all the way to the off position.

they got the key out by disconnecting the battery and they pushed it into the shop, but as of right now it is throwing almost every code current, and they have no idea wtf is going on with it.
I had the same thing happen Wednesday. It’s at the dealership. Lifters failure.

Up until today things were going good for my 2021 boss. I was on the highway heading to work when all of a sudden it seemed like my parking brake tried to engage. Instantly, I recieved:
Engine power reduced
Service ESC
Service parking brake.
As I pulled to the side of the road, the truck felt as if I was driving thru the parking brake alittle. Not sure if it was due to the "engine power reduced" issue.
So once parked on the side of the road, I engaged and disengaged the park brake with no issue. Shut the truck down for a couple minutes then restarted it back up. Check engine light stayed on but all other warnings were gone. Truck had power again so off to work I went.
Aside from this, the only issue I've had with the truck has been if I'm in 4 wheel drive and parked, I switch to 2 wheel drive and the park brake engages. Mentioned this to the dealer/shop and they hadn't heard of it.
Anyone else having or had this happen?
Did you get an answer for this? My trail boss had the same issue last week and is at the dealership now. It’s lifter failure.

6 months and 5k miles had check engine light come on twice in the past month. First time dealer said needed to run an update and reprogram the EBS. Second time they needed to reprogram the ECM. They gave me a print out of the bulletin from GM on 2/23/2021 that showed all of the vehicles that may be affected.
Can you send me that bulletin?

Most Reactions

Back