What's new

Audio Controls

Keller

Reaction score
My 2016 Impala allowed me to make phone calls and change audio sources through my steering wheel controls also utilizing the DIC in the cluster. My 2022 LT LTD is missing this feature and it's bothering me. I see others with phone and audio controls in their Trail Bosses, but my DIC only goes three screens deep with no phone or audio option.
Is this a microchip shortage omission, or is it because the dealer didn't order a technology package when they ordered my truck?

I just push the steering wheel button to make calls or send texts on my 21 LT TB?
3685D409-DB5D-43FF-A8DB-12349A974462.jpeg

Last edited:
My steering wheel button controls only my phone. My 2016 Impala used to have a built in assistant separate from my phone. A press of the "speak" button would prompt a response of "Say a command or say HELP".

If there is no cell phone in the truck this button does nothing.

So basically, it appears GM has eliminated the built in assistant and turned over all voice controls to Android auto and Apple car play.

I was sure I saw a trail boss somewhere that had audio controls and phone controls in the DIC screen. Mine does not. (See pic) Just Home/Info/Settings.

Attachments

• 20220414_112249.jpg
    20220414_112249.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 34
Compare this screen grab from a youtube vid of a 2021 Trail Boss DIC. This one has Home/Info/Music/Nav/Phone/Settings.

So my truck is missing Music, Nav, and Phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220414-204108_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220414-204108_YouTube.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 56
Compare this screen grab from a youtube vid of a 2021 Trail Boss DIC. This one has Home/Info/Music/Nav/Phone/Settings.

So my truck is missing Music, Nav, and Phone.
Man I dont have that either on my 21 LT TB, i mentioned in a previous post that one of the things I didnt like was that on the drivers gauge cluster the center doesnt show my playing now for audio. My 2016 LT Z71 had it and I more so liked it for road trips so I could keep nav up on the infotainment and the audio on the center drivers cluster. I bet an update would be dumb expensive though.

Has anyone figured out Apple Car Play and the above question if you can control volume from the steering wheel on 2022 TB LT Refresh. I have the TB Premium pkg, which includes convenience pkg, and the Infotainment #3 premium package with built in google. I just got the truck a few days ago and her are a few things I need help figuring out:

1. Do I have to change a setting on my Iphone for the auto charger to work?
2. Is there an Apple Car Play app on the phone that I need to download? I didn't find one but thought maybe I was missing it
3. Why will google, not dial my phone when I use call button on the steering wheel? It says phone not connected to Apple Car Play. But if I dial from phone it connects to truck and works as expected.
4. Did anyone figure out how to control volume from steering wheel on the new 2022 Refresh? I have the call buttons and there is an up and down button but they don't seem to control the volume, only help when scrolling through screen menus?

Thanks for any advice you guys have.

Has anyone figured out Apple Car Play and the above question if you can control volume from the steering wheel on 2022 TB LT Refresh. I have the TB Premium pkg, which includes convenience pkg, and the Infotainment #3 premium package with built in google. I just got the truck a few days ago and her are a few things I need help figuring out:

1. Do I have to change a setting on my Iphone for the auto charger to work?
2. Is there an Apple Car Play app on the phone that I need to download? I didn't find one but thought maybe I was missing it
3. Why will google, not dial my phone when I use call button on the steering wheel? It says phone not connected to Apple Car Play. But if I dial from phone it connects to truck and works as expected.
4. Did anyone figure out how to control volume from steering wheel on the new 2022 Refresh? I have the call buttons and there is an up and down button but they don't seem to control the volume, only help when scrolling through screen menus?

Thanks for any advice you guys have.
1. no idea what you mean by auto charger? The wireless charger? you just put your Iphone in the spot and it should start charging.
2. No app required just go to add new phone in the display in bluetooth and connect you iphone it will automatically figure out the wireless car play from there.
3. Volume is on the right side of the steering wheel underneath the upshift paddle, and previous/next track is beneath the downshift paddle , super easy to use!

1. no idea what you mean by auto charger? The wireless charger? you just put your Iphone in the spot and it should start charging.
2. No app required just go to add new phone in the display in bluetooth and connect you iphone it will automatically figure out the wireless car play from there.
3. Volume is on the right side of the steering wheel underneath the upshift paddle, and previous/next track is beneath the downshift paddle , super easy to use!
Thanks, wireless charger was what I meant, does not always charge. Phone is connected but cant place a call with the steering wheel button. Will look for the volume by paddle shifters.

on the wireless charger, its because of your case and/or that gm placed the charging pad to low in the slot. My wife's phone works great in it (iphone 13 mini) and my 13pro which is taller does not always charge I've been thinking about opening up the center and seeing if I can move it up higher but I havent had the courage to tear apart my truck with less than 1k miles...yet

Couple things i figured out....
1. Wireless charging is hit or miss with phone case on. I have an Apple Mag case that is hit or miss. Without the case, it works fine.
2. There is no Apple CarPlay app. If you go into settings-general-CarPlay, its in there.
3. It seems like if your connected to CarPlay, the system wants to use SIRI instead. Instead of pushing call button and releasing it, hold it down and SIRI activates.
4. Volume controls, just like Bullit2735 said. On rear of steering wheel under paddle shifters.

Couple things i figured out....
1. Wireless charging is hit or miss with phone case on. I have an Apple Mag case that is hit or miss. Without the case, it works fine.
2. There is no Apple CarPlay app. If you go into settings-general-CarPlay, its in there.
3. It seems like if your connected to CarPlay, the system wants to use SIRI instead. Instead of pushing call button and releasing it, hold it down and SIRI activates.
4. Volume controls, just like Bullit2735 said. On rear of steering wheel under paddle shifters.
1. Thanks for update to prior response. I agree on phone definately hit or miss, tried with and without case minimal luck. It seems to work better for my daughters older Iphone XR than my Iphone 13.
3. Tried holding the cal button and it went to Siri like you said and now can dial hands free, big help there!
4. Previous post covered volume controls they were easy to find once new where to look.
Thanks everyone for the help!!

Most Reactions

Back