What's new

Banging sound from the rear

Trailboss 2020

Reaction score
Hello Everyone I am a New Trailboss Owner and I've recently been hearing a Banging sound coming from the rear when I turn the wheel to the Left and Roght while Backing up or going forward and still have the brakes lightly applied, the Dealership said its because of the load being applied and is perfectly normal. WELL I don't think it is Perfectly Normal and I only have 12895 miles on it, has anyone else experienced this or am I the Only one that has? Any help.or Feed back would be Greatly Appreciated thanks

Mine does something similar and has less than 2k. There are a few threads on here related to the sound.

I'm not sure, one thread said they had similar issues with a different truck and that it was normal due to the break design. From what it sounds like is almost every TB does it, im just not sure the cause of the sound

IT is the leaf springs when they slide on each other. There is a plastic nub that is there from the factory and it makes that popping sound instead of sliding smoothly. Mine had it from day 1, slow speeds, driveway angles. Spring Things has a rubber kit for like $40 that you can install in 30 minutes that will solve the issue. The dealer has a TB to replace those plastic sliders but from what I have heard the sound comes back. They may also suggest you keep them greased. I didnt want continual maintenance so I put in the spring things kit and the truck is silent now.

IT is the leaf springs when they slide on each other. There is a plastic nub that is there from the factory and it makes that popping sound instead of sliding smoothly. Mine had it from day 1, slow speeds, driveway angles. Spring Things has a rubber kit for like $40 that you can install in 30 minutes that will solve the issue. The dealer has a TB to replace those plastic sliders but from what I have heard the sound comes back. They may also suggest you keep them greased. I didnt want continual maintenance so I put in the spring things kit and the truck is silent now.
https://www.spring-things.com/product/spring-thing/1?cs=true&cst=custom

Cheap fix. They look worth $29.95 even though the kit is simply 4 silicon rubber spring things (flat pieces of rubber) and zip ties.

Thank You I'll look into these and see what it does just Sucks you buy a Brand New truck and it does this.... I guess it could be worse our Lifters could be shitting the Bed on our trucks

Not a banging, but a loud clicking noise. Sounds seem to make sense now that this has been mentioned. I’ll be getting these here soon.

Not a banging, but a loud clicking noise. Sounds seem to make sense now that this has been mentioned. I’ll be getting these here soon.
Had issues with the rear brake rotors being warped but that was more of a groan noise when backing up and turning. Also for some reason more prevelant on the Custom TB. Leaf springs have been an issue on last gen and now we are seeing them in this new gen, as stated earlier there is a Bulletin to replace the leaf spring inserts. Also a bulletin that states it could just be the fuel banging against the inside of the tank.

I know this is an old thread but did the rubber spacers help with the clicking. I have a 2020 TB and has the cl8cking noise when accelerating hard from a stop in reverse and forward. Read a lot about clunking and popping but mine seems more like a clicking a couple times under accelerating then it's gone.

Reactions: Baz
Mine clunks sometimes when I’m going over speed bumps or curbs… it’s a clunk that I can feel but I can’t find any loose bolts either. Just don’t want my 2020 to clunk like an old beater.

Most Reactions

Back