What's new

Behind Grill LED Light Bar

Question for all these light mods, how/where are you wiring the switch inside the truck? I usually get vehicles with the aux switches already in place, not liking the idea of drilling a hole into the dash of a brand new truck. Figured I'd check what everyone else is doing or recommends?

Question for all these light mods, how/where are you wiring the switch inside the truck? I usually get vehicles with the aux switches already in place, not liking the idea of drilling a hole into the dash of a brand new truck. Figured I'd check what everyone else is doing or recommends?
https://www.roughcountry.com/led-wi...tml?find=2021-chevy-silverado-1500-4wd-750287

This is what I used for my RC grill lights so I didn’t have to run wires into my cab. Worked great so far.

Idea from an earlier thread...full disclosure, I haven't installed.
I ran the wire harness for my bumper lights through the unused nipple on the main harness firewall seal and added the switch next to the parking brake switch (Same area the aux switches would go..) by using a step drill to drill out the plastic and finished with a file.

Attachments

• D782F763-9341-488B-9925-52C7CFA20CD2.jpeg
    D782F763-9341-488B-9925-52C7CFA20CD2.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 42
If you think you’ll have multiple auxiliary options the GM upfitter switches are the clean way to go.

Quick question are the rough country grill lights flat black or gloss black hard to tell in the picture above?
these
Also ordered the Rough Country LED Grille Light Kit. Figured it I am going to pull the grill off, I'd do both at the same time.

Thanks

Quick question are the rough country grill lights flat black or gloss black hard to tell in the picture above?
these
Also ordered the Rough Country LED Grille Light Kit. Figured it I am going to pull the grill off, I'd do both at the same time.

Thanks
More flat than gloss

Attachments

• 3EE0F500-2111-4FF7-BA6B-E93CF135A8D5.jpeg
    3EE0F500-2111-4FF7-BA6B-E93CF135A8D5.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 35
I installed an Auxbeam 8 gang switch. The actual switching module in under the hood, so all external accessory wiring goes there , small cord runs through firewall on passenger side and I have this laying in the console area - haven't purchased a mount for it yet. Leaning towards the ProClip.
Auxbeam 8 Gang Switch Panel RGB AR-800 Toggle Momentary Pulsed Bluetooth Switch Panel for Truck SUV UTV ATV Marine RV Camp...

Auxbeam 8 Gang Switch Panel RGB AR-80

Pretty sure the Rough Country switch linked above is just a rebranded Auxbeam. There's even an identical product without the Auxbeam name on ebay for $20ish cheaper.

Did you get the bluetooth Auxbeam or the regular 8 switch panel? Big price jump but it adds color change for the switch panel backlight and the ability to change the buttons to on/off, momentary push button or strobe. I haven't decided what I'm going with. I want to get the Rough Country hidden winch bumper first.

Most Reactions

Back