What's new

Best 2.7 oil filter?

Texcl2

Reaction score
What options are out there for 2.7 oil filters? I’d like to use a higher quality filter than the standard pf-66 filter. Also it looked like the pf66 filter didn’t have a bypass valve, is there one In the engine?

Wix is good, I also like the Mobile 1 extended performance filters. They both have great filtration while still allowing for good oil flow.

I found a wix filter on their cross reference, seems most all the filters for this engine have regular cellulose filter elements the exception may be the K&N filter. The AC-Delco filter is of good quality but would like to find one with better media. My dealer sells me the pf-66 filter for $6.50, I wonder if the $16 KN filter is worth it? I sure hope they start making better after market parts for this engine soon. I really like this engine and get great power and economy. Just need longevity and it’ll be a slam dunk.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, it is also on their part finder now. I found several different brands that fit now including wix and K&N.

Check this out :

PF66 in current form is made by CHAMP FILTERS under contract and same filter as Luber-finer.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 16.58.27.png

What options are out there for 2.7 oil filters? I’d like to use a higher quality filter than the standard pf-66 filter. Also it looked like the pf66 filter didn’t have a bypass valve, is there one In the engine?
PF 66 and all those I list above have bypass valve.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back