What's new

Best cold air intake to go with?

Well you can always buy GM's cold air intake its carb improved for all 50 States and from what a read it also comes with a tune that you can go to the dealer and have done. Its not cheap as you would expect last time I checked it was a little less than 500 for the system. But you are guaranteed not to get any BS from the dealer about the warranty.

Heres the link if your interested: https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-cleaner-kit-replaces-part-number-84789794-84854464?c=bD0zJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM=
The parts no longer available per the link you supplied.

I have cold air inductions and am very impressed with the quality. I think S&B and Cold Air Inductions are probably top IMO

I have cold air inductions and am very impressed with the quality. I think S&B and Cold Air Inductions are probably top IMO
I just installed the cold air inductions. There is a gap on the air filter box, not snug at all, and the mass air flow sensor is connection is stretched and tighter then I am comfortable with. Anyone else?

Very impressed with my S&B. Huge filter and plenty of air feeds it.

Attachments

• 20220605_125509_resized.jpg
    20220605_125509_resized.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 149
What’s up guys, got a 2020 5.3, looking at cold air intakes, I’m in New York so I know which ever one I get has to be “carb-approved” anyone have any knowledge on what I should get? Been looking at cold air inductions but not sure if I can use it in New York, also been looking at the classic K&N cold air intakes but even with those not sure which one to get, I don’t want to have any issues going for an inspection. thanks guys
What did you end up going with? Looking for a CARB Cold air intake as well.

I put the s&b on my 5.3. noticiable growl difference, and it’s carb legal.
supposedly went up .5 mpg.
Love it

That is one massive air filter. I especially like how the massive intake tube from the filter to throttle body actually tapers down to fit. That's nice but I think I prefer Cold Air Inductions set up. You still get a massive air filter but retain the stock lower air box. It is about half the effort the S & B installation is. The S & B removes the lower air box but still attaches to the stock air scoop which mixes outdoor air with hot radiator air. I watched the S & B installation video and the tech literally removes the stock air scoop, installs the S & B filter, then reinstalls the stock air scoop. If you want a good air scoop, buy a Stillen.
Couldn't agree more. CAI looks great, works well and is a 15 minute install.

I just installed the cold air inductions. There is a gap on the air filter box, not snug at all, and the mass air flow sensor is connection is stretched and tighter then I am comfortable with. Anyone else?
No gap mine fits perfectly. I did re-route the MAF connection n a bit but I am very pleased.

Really it's carb legal? I just went to their site and it says it's not... https://www.sbfilters.com/cold-air-intakes/silverado-sierra-1500-intake-75-5128?variant_id=431
interesting, only on there site can I find it’s non carb, but on other sites it’s approved for CA
I know if you have a new vehicle that is 7 year old you don't need to do smog but after 7 years you do need smog and that's when you will fail smog inspection so I just want to avoid change everything back to stock. I know swapping out the CAI is relative easy and can be done quickly. But on the other hand if a cop wants to be a prick and pulls you over for whatever reason and asks you to pop the hood open especially if you have a modified exhaust system the fines would be pretty steep. I just despise the way the stock air intake looks. I also purchased an Apollo GT muffler delete for afe power and it just arrived. I purchased it before realizing that it is also illegal here in California and in most states to remove the muffler so I'm thinking about returning it and just going with a Flowmaster muffler instead.

I have the S&B currently and I like it a lot and I was a big K&N fan. filter is absolutely massive everything looks good fit is good and functional.

GM CAI Intake $125.00 Found on Facebook market place. Over One thousand miles and no code thrown. Also added the GM cat back system bought off eBay $1200 OTD and dealer installed for $120.00 According to Gm specs helps increase power by up to 13 HP and 8 lb.-ft. of torque.

Attachments

• 20230211_204331.jpg
    20230211_204331.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 57
GM CAI Intake $125.00 Found on Facebook market place. Over One thousand miles and no code thrown. Also added the GM cat back system bought off eBay $1200 OTD and dealer installed for $120.00 According to Gm specs helps increase power by up to 13 HP and 8 lb.-ft. of torque.
Thats a win-win. Congrats on the two snags.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back