What's new

Best cold air intake

Sylveradostallone

Reaction score
Threw some larger tires on my 5.3 and definitely noticed a decent power decline. I know a lot of guys have the pulsar LT or Pedal commander, but want to start with the intake and go from there. I had a K&N Blackhawk on my 18, and it was pretty good. I've seen some guys mention the S&B in here. Curious what everyone's thoughts are on the cold air intakes you have. Definitely want something with a decent sound, but don't need to be super loud or obnoxious, and obviously give me just a little better performance response on take off. Let me know!

You ever find anything good?
Thanks to a different thread, I ended up going with an S&B Intake. Price is good, sound/performance so far seem to be good as well. One thing I didn't care for is it felt like a piece of Ikea furniture. You have to put every single piece together, which ends up taking a decent amount of time. Did my old K&N in about 20 minutes. This one was closer to an hour. I also need to figure out what I did wrong, because even though I turned off the air filter alert, I'm still getting a "check air filter system" message. All in all, maybe 3 out of 5 stars

Thanks to a different thread, I ended up going with an S&B Intake. Price is good, sound/performance so far seem to be good as well. One thing I didn't care for is it felt like a piece of Ikea furniture. You have to put every single piece together, which ends up taking a decent amount of time. Did my old K&N in about 20 minutes. This one was closer to an hour. I also need to figure out what I did wrong, because even though I turned off the air filter alert, I'm still getting a "check air filter system" message. All in all, maybe 3 out of 5 stars
I just got the cold air inductions intake installed in 20 minutes easy as pie better performance and a nice deep growl when u get on it !

I just got the cold air inductions intake installed in 20 minutes easy as pie better performance and a nice deep growl when u get on it !
Starting to wish I had done the same. Don't mind the intake itself, just seems like it's been more problems that it was worth. Speaking of problems, anyone with an S&B know how to get rid of the "check engine air filter system" message that pops up everytime I start the truck? I did what the instructions mentioned (turned off air filter life feature), and still getting this.

Starting to wish I had done the same. Don't mind the intake itself, just seems like it's been more problems that it was worth. Speaking of problems, anyone with an S&B know how to get rid of the "check engine air filter system" message that pops up everytime I start the truck? I did what the instructions mentioned (turned off air filter life feature), and still getting this.
Look into the pulsar LT I believe there is a option on the program to clear engine codes👍🏻

I did a little research and started to do the same thing going with the S&B after seeing many decent reviews, but when I went to order on American Trucks I lucked up and was able to snag an open box Airaid Performance CAI for basically half-price (normally $450 and got it for under $250). This one also had very good reviews so figured it was worth a shot. It just came in the other day (brand new only missing a few washers) but I haven’t had time to install yet, hoping to get it done later today or tomorrow! Looks pretty easy compared to the other ones I’ve seen, will definitely let you know how it performs and post some pics if you want!

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back