What's new

Biggest tire on stock boss

Thanks for the compliment, no rubbing at all you can do donuts in reverse no worries, tires ride and handles good not much road noises, now the bad I did lose gas mileage I was getting on the road 19 mpg now 17
Worth it for the stability and look; they also have a tread life of about 65k. I have 1 3/4" spacers on there already. I cant thank you enough my friend.

Here is a full pic for comparison:

View attachment 152
I'm the new guy in this forum and your ride looks great !
I just bought a 2021 TB with the 18" wheels and am looking to do some of the same things you have. I'm thinking 1.5" RC leveling, 1.5" wheel spacers, Baja Mtz P3 295/70R18 tires and SF1fender flares from RC. Penny for your thoughts....

Reactions: Baz
I just bought a 2021 TB with the 18" wheels and am looking to do some of the same things you have. I'm thinking 1.5" RC leveling, 1.5" wheel spacers, Baja Mtz P3 295/70R18 tires and SF1fender flares from RC. Penny for your thoughts....

If you’re going to run a level then I’d recommend getting one that includes new UCAs. I’m running with just stock TB suspension without any rubbing since I trimmed the mud flaps and removed the brackets. I’m not a fan of fender flares on these trucks (looks weird at the front).

If you’re going to run a level then I’d recommend getting one that includes new UCAs. I’m running with just stock TB suspension without any rubbing since I trimmed the mud flaps and removed the brackets. I’m not a fan of fender flares on these trucks (looks weird at the front).
New UCA's for sure !
Just thought the flares would help protect the paint.

No need for wheel spacers unless your looking for a negative offset look… I have that set up …RC 1.5 and 295/70/18 nitto Ridge grapplers. I have zero rub with no modifications to fenders or liners…

Maybe go with a 1 25" spacers less the flares and some decent looking mud flaps if needed.

Just added Rough Country's 1.5" front leveling kit. I am happy to say I now have zero rubbing with the Cooper 295/70R18 on stock wheels. Next, I'll add 1.5" spacers to my wheels for just a little poke.
Looks good !
Any chance you could post a couple stance pics after the spacers are installed ?
Thanks

Be careful adding spacers to your wheels in search of poke. Spacers put the wheel further out making the turning arc touch on the outside more when getting bigger tires.
This is true. My 295/70-18 and 1.5in spacers required minor mods to the front mud flaps which I was 100% ok with👍

I had to do it. I ruined my ride in my wife's eyes when I mounted 295/70R18 tires on stock TB 18" rims (second 2 pics). The 34" wheels made the gearing too low to be enjoyable. Throttle response was grabby even with Pulsar LT module. I'm back to stock sized 20" tires with 20x9 Fuel Off-Road Vapor BLK PAINT wheels from Tire Rack (first 2 pics). The ride is so much better stock.

Attachments

• 20210723_200537.jpg
    20210723_200537.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 1,219
  • 20210723_200549.jpg
    20210723_200549.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 1,264
  • 20210514_170921.jpg
    20210514_170921.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 1,244
  • 20210514_151654.jpg
    20210514_151654.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 1,279
I had to do it. I ruined my ride in my wife's eyes when I mounted 295/70R18 tires on stock TB 18" rims (second 2 pics). The 34" wheels made the gearing too low to be enjoyable. Throttle response was grabby even with Pulsar LT module. I'm back to stock sized 20" tires with 20x9 Fuel Off-Road Vapor BLK PAINT wheels from Tire Rack (first 2 pics). The ride is so much better stock.
What motor/transmission combo do you have? I’m running 295/70 Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires on factory 18in wheels with the 6.2L/10-speed combo, and the truck has tons of power.

What motor/transmission combo do you have? I’m running 295/70 Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires on factory 18in wheels with the 6.2L/10-speed combo, and the truck has tons of power.
I have the same setup except I had Coopers. I could spin the tires all day with the 295's. Power was never an issue. It was the delivery of the power. It felt too twitchy if I increased throttle response and seemed like I had all power or none. My choice was to smoke the tires or the response being totally limp. I want smooth delivery of power and the stock setup offers the smoothest.

I have the same setup except I had Coopers. I could spin the tires all day with the 295's. Power was never an issue. It was the delivery of the power. It felt too twitchy if I increased throttle response and seemed like I had all power or none. My choice was to smoke the tires or the response being totally limp. I want smooth delivery of power and the stock setup offers the smoothest.
So the Pulsar LT doesn’t adjust the shift points at all even if you input the bigger tire specs in the device?

Looks like the tires on the 20" wheels are the 33x12.5 general grabber ATXs. How have you liked those? Any issues with rubbing anywhere? Thinking of getting the 305/55/20 version to get a little more height out of them

Actually it looks about the same as the 275s like you said 1”,some say the 295/70R18s rub without modifying the mud flap, so I when with a shorter tire, I’m liking the Nitto a lot quitter.
I purchased the RC leveling kit, but have yet to have it installed. Without the RC leveling kit, would there be rubbing with 295/70R18?

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back