What's new

Biggest tire on stock boss

SteelBoss6.2

Reaction score
wondering what tire sizes you guys are getting away with without additional lift! I'm wanting to stuff 305 65s on my stock wheels.

I’ve got 295/70R18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires on my 18-inch Trail Boss wheels. Just a tiny bit of rub on the mud flap occasionally when reversing with steering near full lock. I don’t have any lift or levelling kit, just factory Trail Boss suspension.

636B0E0A-AEAF-4B75-A001-A78EB1DA75EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn it looks good man. Wondering if the 305s will rub more or less. Theyre not as tall as yours but mucho wider

Update: I just trimmed the mud flap, removed the bracket behind the fender liner and then zip-tied the liner back to make more room in the wheel well. There’s lots of room now. Might try some 1.5” BORA wheel spacers for a wider stance...

Right on. Ill prob have to do near the same with the 305s.

I put Toyo 195/70's on mine. So, 34X11.5 roughly. I had to remove the mud flaps when I added Bushwacker fender flares. When I added the tires I had to remove the mudflap brackets and add 2" wheel offsets. When that was done I had no tire rub. Before the spacers It rubbed bad. Hell of a racket. I've read on the GM forums that you could put 195/70 without any rubbing. Anyone who says that is wrong.

I put Toyo 195/70's on mine. So, 34X11.5 roughly. I had to remove the mud flaps when I added Bushwacker fender flares. When I added the tires I had to remove the mudflap brackets and add 2" wheel offsets. When that was done I had no tire rub. Before the spacers It rubbed bad. Hell of a racket. I've read on the GM forums that you could put 195/70 without any rubbing. Anyone who says that is wrong.

195/70/18 or 295/70/18?

Ahhh good catch! 295’s they are

Can you post some pics of your tire/wheel set up? I’m curious what the 2-inch spacers look like with that tire size. I’ve got the same size tires on factory wheels and will be adding 1.5-inch BORA wheel spacers whenever they come in the mail.

Yup, I'll get some up. It may be tomorrow but I'm on it. I'm using factory wheels. There was no shaving needed either. Once the mudflap brackets were removed a self driller pushed the fender liner back enough. The 2" spacer made it look much better.

Yup, I'll get some up. It may be tomorrow but I'm on it. I'm using factory wheels. There was no shaving needed either. Once the mudflap brackets were removed a self driller pushed the fender liner back enough. The 2" spacer made it look much better.
Yeah thats a tall tire, thats why I was thinkin 305 65s...they are 33x12. Hopefully no rub and I like the wider tires

Most Reactions

Back