What's new

Biggest tire on stock boss

Yup, when I put the fender flares on I had to remove the mud flaps anyway. The real room was made by removing the mudflap bracket. I still hads to put on 2" spacers, which really made it look like it should have anyway. I'm happy with it now. The white truck with the large fender flares and original tires looked like a 250 lb. man with size 7 shoes!

They're still inside the fender flares but without I'd say 2 inches or so. Mostly because of the 2" offsets I put on.

Yup, when I put the fender flares on I had to remove the mud flaps anyway. The real room was made by removing the mudflap bracket. I still hads to put on 2" spacers, which really made it look like it should have anyway. I'm happy with it now. The white truck with the large fender flares and original tires looked like a 250 lb. man with size 7 shoes!
You nailed it on the comparison??. I know it was done for mpg but man are they undersized for the size of the truck. They look like they belong on a pathfinder or tacoma!

Reactions: Baz
I got the 1.5 inch BORA spacers yesterday and installed them on the Trail Boss. The 295/70R18 Falken Wildpeaks aren’t rubbing since I already trimmed the front mud flaps and removed the fender liner brackets. It has a nice stance now and reminds me of the Colorado ZR2 that I traded in. The photos don’t really do it justice, but I like it so much that I’m not even going to bother lifting it in the future. It’s got just the right amount of lift and stance for my liking. Hope this helps.

FFE1F5C2-89CC-4D1D-A8D0-F86A8BBBC90B.jpeg

E00196B5-5609-43D3-860C-01C79ABE2B2E.jpeg
C32DD70A-A6CC-4E12-A5EA-C2FE9F3C25AE.jpeg
2F4F4624-CDCA-411C-84E2-B438D7993719.jpeg

Last edited:
I almost bought those tires but they were out of stock locally. What is your rack?

I was thinking LT295/70R18 might be the largest tire that could fit stock?

My guess is yes. I have wondered if you could get a 12X33, a bit wider but a bit shorter but Baz and I both added spacers as well.

wondering what tire sizes you guys are getting away with without additional lift! I'm wanting to stuff 305 65s on my stock wheels.
Hi, New to the forums. I have a 2020 TB and was searching for tire advice, this forum was a great resource. I decided on Duratrac 285/75r18 on the stock wheels. I didn't want a lift, or something to wide, but really wanted a good size sidewall. This tire is 34.8 tall with a 8.4 sidewall but only 11.2 wide. really fills the well, but doesn't hang out at all.
No rub, even at full lock.

I got the 1.5 inch BORA spacers yesterday and installed them on the Trail Boss. The 295/70R18 Falken Wildpeaks aren’t rubbing since I already trimmed the front mud flaps and removed the fender liner brackets. It has a nice stance now and reminds me of the Colorado ZR2 that I traded in. The photos don’t really do it justice, but I like it so much that I’m not even going to bother lifting it in the future. It’s got just the right amount of lift and stance for my liking. Hope this helps.

View attachment 206
View attachment 203View attachment 204View attachment 205
That looks awesome. Did you have to trim the lugs at all when you installed the spacers? Thinking of doing the same thing, I like the stock rims

Hi, New to the forums. I have a 2020 TB and was searching for tire advice, this forum was a great resource. I decided on Duratrac 285/75r18 on the stock wheels. I didn't want a lift, or something to wide, but really wanted a good size sidewall. This tire is 34.8 tall with a 8.4 sidewall but only 11.2 wide. really fills the well, but doesn't hang out at all.
No rub, even at full lock.
Have any pics you can share?

That looks awesome. Did you have to trim the lugs at all when you installed the spacers? Thinking of doing the same thing, I like the stock rims
There’s more than enough space in the backside of the factory 18in Trail Boss wheels, so no lug trimming required. I’ve heard that the 1.25in spacers fit too but I went a size bigger with the 1.5in just to be sure. The 1.75in spacers would cover the full length of the lugs, and that’s what I ran for a while on my Colorado ZR2.

There’s more than enough space in the backside of the factory 18in Trail Boss wheels, so no lug trimming required. I’ve heard that the 1.25in spacers fit too but I went a size bigger with the 1.5in just to be sure. The 1.75in spacers would cover the full length of the lugs, and that’s what I ran for a while on my Colorado ZR2.
Thanks!

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back