What's new

bilstein 5100

Wellnow

Reaction score
stupid question.
I'm looking to level out the front ..can I achieve that by only installing the bilstein 5100s and if so what height do I set them at ?

You may want to check this video from Ready Lift first!
Shows the problem with a leveling kit without replacing the control arm to match the new angle.

You may want to check this video from Ready Lift first!
Shows the problem with a leveling kit without replacing the control arm to match the new angle.
Yeah..youre usually ok if you don't go over 2" on a level

You would absolutely need a new control arm. The UCA is a universal control arm for all 1500s. Since Chevy has taken their two inches, you would cause 4in of stress.

You would absolutely need a new control arm. The UCA is a universal control arm for all 1500s. Since Chevy has taken their two inches, you would cause 4in of stress.

From what i understand with the trailboss version, the lift kit that is installed comes with extended uca's to compensate for the lift (i could be wrong)
So with that information in theory you should be ok with up to but not over a 2" level with the trailboss only.

The GM parts center website lists it as the same upper control arm for all 1500’s. But if you can find an actual comparison I would love to know! It seems to be extremely hard to find information like this. Hell, I still can’t even find information on which 10speed I have with my 5.3 LT lol

The GM parts center website lists it as the same upper control arm for all 1500’s. But if you can find an actual comparison I would love to know! It seems to be extremely hard to find information like this. Hell, I still can’t even find information on which 10speed I have with my 5.3 LT lol
It doesn't show the uca's in the picture but it also doesn't list what comes in the kit

It doesn't show the uca's in the picture but it also doesn't list what comes in the kit
I think you can see what options your vehicle has through here

Well The UCA says it’s for every 1500 and the performance suspension is showing everything but a UCA... It looks like you will need a new UCA for a level kit.

that link didn’t show Chevrolet as an option :(

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back