What's new

Blend Mount radar detector install

danh63

Reaction score
Getting ready to install and was wondering if there is power under the cover behind the mirror? If so, does anyone know what color wire is hot only with ignition and which one is ground? Thanks in advance

I went with the Gen 5 DIY harness:

View the video for manual dim mirror, works great and only took about 30 minutes from start to finish! I don't think there is power under the cover with the Manual dim mirror!

I put a Blend Mount connector (tapped into power lead) on my C7 Vette but it had auto-dimming mirror!

Thanks. I ordered the blend mount wire tap with my mount. I saw that there are 5 wires behind the cover. Red, blue, black, green and yellow. I thought at least one would have switchable power. I did the same setup on my C7 also.

I just tested the wires. One is a ground but the other 4 are hot switched but only 5v

Got me thinking I wonder if being I already have the mirror wire taps if I couldn't tie into a power source in the over head console?

OK so I grabbed the plug up in the upper console and brought that down to the mirror and used that. I believe I am going to get a auto dim mirror now. I didn't realize they still used manual dim ones. $60,000 truck and it is manual! Weird thing is the plug is right there and from what I can see the mirrors are not that much money. Anyway, if anyone is looking for power around the mirror there is some available

OK so I grabbed the plug up in the upper console and brought that down to the mirror and used that. I believe I am going to get a auto dim mirror now. I didn't realize they still used manual dim ones. $60,000 truck and it is manual! Weird thing is the plug is right there and from what I can see the mirrors are not that much money. Anyway, if anyone is looking for power around the mirror there is some available
Planning to do the same on my new trail boss. Also looking at the mirrors…..

Most Reactions

Back