• [MODS]:
  • [Tires]: Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W [295/70/R18]
  • [Intake]: S&B Cold Air Intake
  • [Exhaust]: Rough Country’s Dual Cat-Back Exhaust
  • [Control Module]: Pulsar LT
  • [Front Bumper]: Rough Country Hidden Winch Bumper
  • [Winch]: Badland Apex 12,000
  • [Badges]: Blacked out [Amazon]
  • [Lights]: Lasfit LEDs [Front Turn Signals | Back-up Lights | Rear License Plate]
  • [Bed Cover]: BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover
  • [Wheel Well Liners]: Husky [Rear]
IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg
IMG_1525.jpg
PXL_20220905_215650906.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
Added amber led grille lights today to join the cool kids raptor club. I was originally going to go with the Avs light shield, but I noticed that they now say it is not compatible with the Trailboss for some reason?

Install was fairly straight forward, put a fuse tap on #40 to turn on the lights with ignition. Most difficult part was taking the grille off.

0D74F92C-BD55-4D42-B35B-97DB32F0F0EB.jpeg

Tomorrow the plan is to remove the factory silver/red Trailboss stickers on the bed and replace it with the black version I got from Amazon.

If I get confident I may try to plastidip the chrome part of the front bow tie to black. Pics to follow tomorrow

Looking great. I plastiDipped my tailgate LT and SILVERADO 2 yrs ago and still looks perfect today. Just prep it right and apply about 4-5 coats.

How are the Wildpeaks in the snow? I have the same sized Toyo Open Country tires and taking my 1st trip of 2023 to the snow this week. I have chains just in case but hoping I don't need them.

Last year our FWD SUV w/chains had no problem getting through so I think I'll be fine. Barely see our Suv🤣
30B2A84E-442C-43CE-BB23-A5F41064D1A6.jpeg

Last edited:
How are the Wildpeaks in the snow? I have the same sized Toyo Open Country tires and taking my 1st trip of 2023 to the snow this week. I have chains just in case but hoping I don't need them.

Last year our FWD SUV w/chains had no problem getting through so I think I'll be fine. Barely see our Suv🤣
View attachment 4683View attachment 4685
I just moved to Colorado from Las Vegas and this is the first time I’ve ever had to deal with snow. With that, I am 100% a desert rat and the following is an unqualified opinion!

One of the first things I did when we moved here is put the wild peaks on. So far so good on their snow performance. Up to a foot of snow with ice underneath here in the city no problem. We also went to cut Christmas trees up near Pikes peak with snow and no issues either.

I also made sure to have a winter gear kit in my truck. I keep a snow shovel, cat litter, de icer, traction boards, etc

I did buy 2 sets of chains , but after test fitting them in my garage realized that I’m going to need to add spacers in order to use them. The front set touches the upper control arm, and the back set has extremely narrow clearance from the leaf spring.

Looking great. I plastiDipped my tailgate LT and SILVERADO 2 yrs ago and still looks perfect today. Just prep it right and apply about 4-5 coats.
So I tried the plastidip, but didn’t like the results. I probably rushed it (i have minimal patience). I removed it for now. I’m going to look to see if I can just find a new badge to swap it out with

This morning in good light I noticed you could see the wiring for the amber lights through the grille, so I went back through it to tidy up the wires. Looks a lot better now. I also decided to bring both the outside lights in a little. Pic is before I removed the plastidip from the bow tie. I liked the look but want to do a better application
1AD74CA5-A2EA-494F-9ACC-11E5AA1470CD.jpeg

I just moved to Colorado from Las Vegas and this is the first time I’ve ever had to deal with snow. With that, I am 100% a desert rat and the following is an unqualified opinion!

One of the first things I did when we moved here is put the wild peaks on. So far so good on their snow performance. Up to a foot of snow with ice underneath here in the city no problem. We also went to cut Christmas trees up near Pikes peak with snow and no issues either.

I also made sure to have a winter gear kit in my truck. I keep a snow shovel, cat litter, de icer, traction boards, etc

I did buy 2 sets of chains , but after test fitting them in my garage realized that I’m going to need to add spacers in order to use them. The front set touches the upper control arm, and the back set has extremely narrow clearance from the leaf spring.
I have 1.5in spacers to clear the ReadyLift UCAs I installed. Plenty of room for chains I probably / hopefully won’t need😆

For anyone that’s added 1.5” spacers… did you have to cut the factory studs?

• 2020 TrailBoss LT
  • [Engine]: 6.2 V8
  • [Wheels]: Stock

• [MODS]:
  • [Tires]: Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W [295/70/R18]
  • [Intake]: S&B Cold Air Intake
  • [Exhaust]: Rough Country’s Dual Cat-Back Exhaust
  • [Control Module]: Pulsar LT
  • [Front Bumper]: Rough Country Hidden Winch Bumper
  • [Winch]: Badland Apex 12,000
  • [Badges]: Blacked out [Amazon]
  • [Lights]: Lasfit LEDs [Front Turn Signals | Back-up Lights | Rear License Plate]
  • [Bed Cover]: BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover
  • [Wheel Well Liners]: Husky [Rear]
View attachment 4633
View attachment 4634View attachment 4635View attachment 4636
Looks great! How do you like those tires at that size? Stock suspension? Any rubbing?

Love the tires. Much more quiet than the good years it came with. Also does great on snow.

I haven’t done anything to the suspension because I’m afraid of losing 4wd auto. I love using it in snow/ice

MINIMAL rubbing in reverse sometimes. I could easily trim the felt wheel well and eliminate it completely

Looks great! How do you like those tires at that size? Stock suspension? Any rubbing?

Most Reactions

Back