What's new

Borla S Type Question

Idk556

Reaction score
I have have a 21 Trail Boss 5.3 and I am wanting to put a Borla S type on there without spending $1300. Instead of buying the whole cat back kit, does Borla offer just a crate S Type that you can swap in while using the factory piping? I see some borla crate mufflers online, but they all seem to be for like first gen vehicles

I have have a 21 Trail Boss 5.3 and I am wanting to put a Borla S type on there without spending $1300. Instead of buying the whole cat back kit, does Borla offer just a crate S Type that you can swap in while using the factory piping? I see some borla crate mufflers online, but they all seem to be for like first gen vehicles
Yea I’ve had that exact set up yours looking into just buy the Borla muffler and cover mesh resonator screens ..I did not remove the flapper valve just to help a bit with drone when going into DFM …. I do have a S&B CAI as well.

Last edited:
Yea I’ve had that exact set up yours looking into just buy the Borla muffler and cover mesh resonator screens ..I did not remove the flapper valve just to help a bit with drone when going into DFM …. I do have a S&B CAI as well.
Do you know what Borla part number you used? Also can you explain the install process you did for it?

Do you know what Borla part number you used? Also can you explain the install process you did for it?
It’s been about 3 years since I had the Borla Pro xs muffler installed…. Basically had the oem cut off and Borla welded in …. Covered two of he 3 mesh resonators with clamps .. cover all of them and exhaust note will be a bit louder… these are current pics after 3yrs of use in humid sandy beach conditions…. The factory pipes are stainless steel so just replacing the muffler is a good choice … sounds great on the gas and quite off of it… 39K miles on it …borla 40359

Attachments

• IMG_4446.jpeg
    IMG_4446.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4447.jpeg
    IMG_4447.jpeg
    268 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4449.jpeg
    IMG_4449.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4450.jpeg
    IMG_4450.jpeg
    391.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4448.jpeg
    IMG_4448.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4451.png
    IMG_4451.png
    341.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I put on the Borla Type-S. Yes its a bit pricey but considering how easy it was to install, its all stainless, the sound it produces as well as how quiet it is while cruising down the highway - I think it was worth it, no regrets.

I put on the Borla Type-S. Yes its a bit pricey but considering how easy it was to install, its all stainless, the sound it produces as well as how quiet it is while cruising down the highway - I think it was worth it, no regrets.
Cover the mess resonators with clamps or with what you CAN , will improve sound by miles …

I installed the Cat-Back with the Black chrome tips (No resonators here) and removed the factory tips on bumper.
IMG_E4509.JPG

I just installed the Type S last weekend on my 22 6.2 and I am nothing short of thrilled so far. Neighbors may not like the cold start decibel level and it’s still summer. No drone at highway speed or any speed so far. Only wish it had some cackle on downshifts, unless I go manual shift.

I just installed the Type S last weekend on my 22 6.2 and I am nothing short of thrilled so far. Neighbors may not like the cold start decibel level and it’s still summer. No drone at highway speed or any speed so far. Only wish it had some cackle on downshifts, unless I go manual shift.
I think the mellow downshift is due to the 10 speed and the minor rpm change. If it were a 4 speed you’d notice it more as when it downshifts the rpm climb more.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back