What's new

Bug Shield / Deflector

Trail_Boss_6.2

Reaction score
Looking to put on a bug shield that fits against the hood. Any suggestions?
My '21 is black and would like something that blends in.

I have the AVS Aeroskin on mine and it blends in great with the black front of the Trail Boss.
IMG_20210719_191954.jpg

That looks good. Did you order it through Chevrolet Accessories?

I have the AVS Aeroskin II.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220615-203843_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220615-203843_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 496
  • Screenshot_20220615-203703_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20220615-203703_Photo Editor.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 495
I have the AVS Aeroskin II.
Looks nice. Do you see the raised area when driving? And at highway speeds, does it make your hood lift/bounce?
I'd prefer the smoke vs the matte black but I can always have it painted.

Ok. I have a delima. Looking on AVS website, it states the Aeroskin and the Aeroskin II doesn't fit the 2021 Trail Boss "Application Note: Excludes ZR2, LT Trail Boss, Custom Trail Boss models"

Any Idea why? And what years are your trucks?

My Aeroskin II fits perfectly, my truck is a '22 LTD so the hood is exactly like yours. If it says it fits the 2019 and 2020 it'll fit your '21.

You do see the raised lip, but only very slightly on the drivers' side where the contour line in the hood is.

As for hood lift, I can't say I've noticed a difference from before it was installed to now.

The Aeroskin II is matte and it's also textured, you'd want to sand it smooth if you plan to paint it.

Part # AVS436168 is the one you're looking for. I got mine through Amazon.ca (I'm in Canada) and when I bought it the '22 LTD was listed as compatible. Now Amazon says it isn't and so does the AVS website.
The part number above was the model I got, and it fits perfectly. Weird.

AVS 322168 is what I purchased off ebay in dark smoke. Was just shy of $70 shipped last year.

Not a fan of the raised center on the Aeroskin II. I know the Light Skin with the amber lights in it does cause the hood to flex from Lonestar Hawaiian on Youtube.

I emailed AVS and asked "I want to confirm the #AVS322168 will fit a 2021 Silverado 1500 LT Trail Boss"
I was asking as their website states "Application Note: Excludes ZR2, LT Trail Boss, Custom Trail Boss models".
The AEROSKIN II #AVS436168 says the same thing.

Their response "That will fit the 2021 Trailboss but it will not fit the 2022 Trailboss".

22 Trail Boss and ZR2 DOES have a different hood, other models still have the same hood as the 21 and older.

Refresh NON Trail Boss and ZR2 have the same hoods as the LTD and earlier. I was checking them out on the dealer lot a few weeks ago to see what was different.

Picked up the Aeroskin II. looks like it was backordered 2 weeks but hopefully I'll get it earlier

Most Reactions

Back