What's new

Check Engine at 13K - Lifters...

Biv82

Reaction score
They've had my truck over 3 weeks - Waiting on parts... Lifters came in but waiting on a fuel line that is Nationally backordered... Has anyone ridden/driven new tundra?
Have half a mind to order a TRD Pro or Sport.... I like the V8 sound but this is such a turn off - May not have my truck for months...

The fatal flaw on these trucks 🥴 and to think I got rid of my 18' because of the incompetent 8 speed.

Tough break. What year is your truck and when was it built? Mine is a 2021 6.2 that was built in March of 2021, right at the tail end of the bad batch of lifters fiasco. My engine was assembled in February so lifters have always been on my mind. I'm at 18.5k miles and no issues so far though.

Tough break. What year is your truck and when was it built? Mine is a 2021 6.2 that was built in March of 2021, right at the tail end of the bad batch of lifters fiasco. My engine was assembled in February so lifters have always been on my mind. I'm at 18.5k miles and no issues so far though.
It's a 21 - Not sure what month it was built - I got it a little over a year ago - its the 5.3 - From day one or 2 the light flashed a couple times but never stayed on.

If you can get your hands on a device that keeps your engine in permanent V8 mode, that is supposed to help. A lifter on my driver's side failed at around 12,000 miles. They only replaced the whole driver's side, per GM policy. I immediately put a Pulsar LT on it so I could leave it in permanent V8 mode. No issues since. Running about 25,000 miles now. You only sacrifice like 1.5 MPG on the highway too.

If you can get your hands on a device that keeps your engine in permanent V8 mode, that is supposed to help. A lifter on my driver's side failed at around 12,000 miles. They only replaced the whole driver's side, per GM policy. I immediately put a Pulsar LT on it so I could leave it in permanent V8 mode. No issues since. Running about 25,000 miles now. You only sacrifice like 1.5 MPG on the highway too.
They are replacing both sides - parts for lifters are in, but now there is a fuel line that is nationally back-ordered... I think I am closing in on 5 weeks now with no end in sight. Could order a tundra today and it might get here before my truck is fixed.

They are replacing both sides - parts for lifters are in, but now there is a fuel line that is nationally back-ordered... I think I am closing in on 5 weeks now with no end in sight. Could order a tundra today and it might get here before my truck is fixed.
Well at least they are doing both sides! They refused on mine. Makes no sense while they already have the intake manifold off. I wonder why they need to replace the fuel line? Unrelated recall? Either way, sorry you are going through this!

Most Reactions

Back