What's new

Check engine light on my new trail boss

Olok

Reaction score
Any ideas why?
I recently purchased a 2021 TB (7days ago), I only have 200+ miles, and my check engine light turned on. The diagnostic alert indicated: service the engine and transmission system, and service the lithium ion battery.

So, today I took my TB in for service and it was returned to me with without the check engine light. The dealer service reported indicated "complaint cannot be replicated"

2 blocks from my house the check engine light came back on..-of course. The diagnostic alert indicates the same issue.

Spyderwebb

Reaction score
I've had my 2020 for about 6 months, during the first week my check engine light came on twice. The dealer could not identify a problem, said the light was related to the brake system and another thing (that I can't remember), they reset the ECM and cleared it and that was that.

After doing forum searching I came across this thread:
I did the torque check of the UBEC bolts that hold the main fuse panel down, no problems since, so maybe it was a good idea to check!

This other GM forum has a lot of activity for these T1 trucks (Chevy & GMC) subsequently it has a lot of interesting threads and good input from a lot of subscribers.

Last edited:

tbuss5831

Reaction score
When these trucks came out I was getting a ton of them coming in with DTCs in the brake system control module. After being out for a few years engineering finally found out it was just software issues in the module itself setting the code for no reason. Also lithium Ion battery ????

OP
O

Olok

Reaction score
My TB has been in the dealer shop this week and I'm expecting it back on Monday if all goes well.

The service team was to reach out to GM engineers, it seems the problem maybe a bit more challenging than expected.

As for the check lithium ion battery, Onstar sent it to me through its advance diagnostics messaging service equipted in my TB. I also provided this to the dealer who in turn used this info to check certain points, terminals, and the battery itself, or at least thats what I was told.

Thanks tbuss

tbuss5831

Reaction score
My TB has been in the dealer shop this week and I'm expecting it back on Monday if all goes well.

The service team was to reach out to GM engineers, it seems the problem maybe a bit more challenging than expected.

As for the check lithium ion battery, Onstar sent it to me through its advance diagnostics messaging service equipted in my TB. I also provided this to the dealer who in turn used this info to check certain points, terminals, and the battery itself, or at least thats what I was told.

Thanks tbuss
Yea OnStar is dumb. Be nice if you actually had a DTC I could help you more. Also you don't have a lithium ion battery, well other then the telematics backup battery, in the truck that's why I was confused.

Latest Discussions...