What's new

Cleaning engine bay

Shaun808

Reaction score
What’s up guys, over the past year and a half my engine bay is a dusty dirty mess. Anyone have any tips on cleaning under the hood? Covering certain electrical parts, wires, etc? What’s products you use or do f it is ok to spray water?

Ok good to know, I’m just worried about the water going on or in certain parts of the engine

Spray the compartment and engine with full strength Simple Green. Let it sit for 10 minutes or so and spray off. Done!
Use it on my 21 TB and my previous 4 trucks.

These trucks seem to be designed for greater robustness than previous vehicles. I have had problems with water getting into the electrical connectors from just driving in rain, in my Corvette. The connectors are very different in my Trail Boss. These images show some of the differences.

Electrical connectors in 2007 Corvette susceptible to water intrusion and resulting electrical problems:
connectorInCorvette.JPG

Electrical connectors in 2021 Trail Boss apparently impervious to water intrusion:
connectorsInTrailBoss.jpeg

I am becoming familiar with my wife's 2014 5.0L Convertible Mustang GT California Special (still like-new condition: 31,000 miles in 8 years). I cleaned the engine bay this week, with a "dry cleaning" method. This is with minimal spray of WD-40, Method general-purpose cleaner and Aerospace 303. No water spray, less cleaner spray, and lots of elbow grease cleaning & polishing. So, yeah ... cleaning this 32 valve Ford Coyote engine like it was mine.

EngineDetailed.jpeg

I've always sprayed down engine compartment with every wash, doing so keeps it clean.
Just don't spray directly into air intake.

Most Reactions

Back