What's new

Cloth Seats, Any Interest?

Xmh57

Reaction score
I have a set of cloth black seats, front and back, no storage or cup holder in the back seat, non power from my 2021 TB, excellent condition, always covered. I replaced mine with leather power seats. I would keep these but they have to go to storage if I do and I dont want them ruined. They will come with Rough Country seat covers as well, no damage or stains, air bags are good. Only been out of the truck about a week. I can send/ post pics later when I get them all gathered for a picture. They are located in the Fayetteville/ Raleigh area of North Carolina.

Where did you get your leather power seats? If you have an LT did the plug give your front seats power?

I used car part.com to search for them. I found this set at Fenix Southeast. No particular reason other than it was close or so I thought. Turns out they were in woeful but they shipped them about an hour from for free and gave me a great deal on them. No damage but they were pretty dirty and had been out in the weather a bit. They cleaned up well minus some water spots but you can’t hardly tell. Call Brandin at Fenix auto parts +1 (904) 585-9251, great guy.

Also I have a Custom TB. I was afraid it wouldn’t work, however I checked the fuse box and I had a fuse installed for the drivers power seat. The connectors will fit either way but mine worked perfectly with no problems.

I used car part.com to search for them. I found this set at Fenix Southeast. No particular reason other than it was close or so I thought. Turns out they were in woeful but they shipped them about an hour from for free and gave me a great deal on them. No damage but they were pretty dirty and had been out in the weather a bit. They cleaned up well minus some water spots but you can’t hardly tell. Call Brandin at Fenix auto parts +1 (904) 585-9251, great guy.

Also I have a Custom TB. I was afraid it wouldn’t work, however I checked the fuse box and I had a fuse installed for the drivers power seat. The connectors will fit either way but mine worked perfectly with no problems.
I have a 20 TB Custom...have been thinking of adding heated option to drivers seat. So all you had to do was add power? Was there a way to add a button or way to use heated seat option?

I did not even have to add power, all I did was connect the factory connector and the seat had power. I dont think my seat is heated, if it is I do not have a way to power it. The yard that sold me the seats also sold me the wrecked vehicle end of the connector, after comparing them, the wrecked vehicle connector has about 4 extra pins in it. I presume those pins are for advanced features beyond basic power seat controls.

The heated seats have a control module under the passenger seat and tie into the buttons on the dash that you'd have to add. If you have a custom, it won't work because the LT trims have the dual zone climate control panel vs the single zone of the Custom. I believe that the dash buttons are activated through the BCM and would require programming. The dealer won't do that and I think WAMs was working on BCM programming to be able to enable them. I have to work on wiring the OEM seat heat pads into an aftermarket switch. I bought an OEM power seat and when I pulled the cloth, I found it had the heated elements, but wasn't sold as being heated. I have aftermarket seat heaters but would rather not rip off the OEM seat heater since it fits so nice.

The heated seats have a control module under the passenger seat and tie into the buttons on the dash that you'd have to add. If you have a custom, it won't work because the LT trims have the dual zone climate control panel vs the single zone of the Custom. I believe that the dash buttons are activated through the BCM and would require programming. The dealer won't do that and I think WAMs was working on BCM programming to be able to enable them. I have to work on wiring the OEM seat heat pads into an aftermarket switch. I bought an OEM power seat and when I pulled the cloth, I found it had the heated elements, but wasn't sold as being heated. I have aftermarket seat heaters but would rather not rip off the OEM seat heater since it fits so nice.
That makes sense, there is an additional module under this passenger seat but I didn’t bother investigating too much as I primarily wanted power seats and even though these are leather I am going with the Rough Country seat covers again because you know kids and stuff. But thank you for the info. If anyone figures out how to wire the seat heaters up after the fact I’ll probably do it.

Most Reactions

Back