What's new

Cold Air Inductions

Reaction score
I should be receiving mine tomorrow. Who here has it for the 5.3? Likes? Dislikes? I’m more interested in knowing if your gas mileage has improved any, and if so, by how much?

I have the S&B Air Intake (oiled version). It has a five star rating and is very functionable. I bought it for multiple reasons. Improved gas mileage as well as I plan on going to a twin-screw. I had my truck chipped for horsepower and gas mileage as well. On flat ground at 70 mph I pull a solid 21 mpg. I'm guessing the cold air intake did help as well. Sounds mean as hell too when you open it up. Way more air flow!

I have the S&B Air Intake (oiled version). It has a five star rating and is very functionable. I bought it for multiple reasons. Improved gas mileage as well as I plan on going to a twin-screw. I had my truck chipped for horsepower and gas mileage as well. On flat ground at 70 mph I pull a solid 21 mpg. I'm guessing the cold air intake did help as well. Sounds mean as hell too when you open it up. Way more air flow!
I'm not familiar with that term. Twin-screw?

I also have that same S&B set up and it made a night and day difference when on the gas!!! Cruising or idle you don't hear anything but get into the gas and the 5.3 sounds beastly! The filter itself is massive, super easy install, and looks so much better in the engine bay. The one thing that was a downfall was the check filter notification that come on after a few days or trips, but you can turn that off in the settings of the truck so no biggie. I did notice almost or about a 2MPG increase over stock when cruise control on at 75 mph.

Twin-screw is a supercharger I am looking at vs. the Procharger.
1651241456765.png

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back