What's new

Delivery Issue

Charlie

Reaction score
Have made a sizable deposit on a 2021 Trail Boss, 6.2L cherry red tint coat, with the 20’ wheels. Truck cleared production mid August and departed Mexico a week later. Not here yet. Dealership contacted the Area General Manager to lock the truck. He said it was in Ohio at a dealership that had the parts to fix a recall that just came out. It’s still there after two weeks. Dealership contacted the General Manager again and got the same lib service. No known completions date nor exactly what the problem is . Chevy Area General Managers are not allowed to speak to customers and apparently they will not tell the dealership anything. Anyone else ever here of this? I want the truck but my patience is running out. What exactly could a recall be that’s longer then two weeks to fix?

Are you in Texas? I spent a week looking for one in the Northsky Blue Metallic, dealerships kept saying they had one but I couldn't get my hands on them as they would "walked out the door just before I showed up". I finally got a dealership to hold one they just offloaded off the truck, it now sits in my driveway. All of the dealers would show me we have such and such in transit and on the map looked like it was within a day, but they couldn't promise delivery. I wonder if the delivery times for the Trail Boss's is messed up because they are in such demand.

Dude, I feel your pain. It’s been a month for me. I purchased an In-Transit truck at the dealership in full. 2021 Trailboss Shadow Gray Metallic. It was produced in May. It’s been sitting in Marion, Ohio since then. It finally got the microchip 3 weeks ago. And went officially in transit and loaded on a train. Still waiting on the truck. It’s been a week and half since it’s been Intransit. I’ve already made my first loan payment and insurance. Good thing is the dealership reimbursed me for first month payment and insurance payment also gave me a loaner and gave me 1000$ in accessories. But regardless I’m still waiting for the truck and have no ETA of it.

Are you in Texas? I spent a week looking for one in the Northsky Blue Metallic, dealerships kept saying they had one but I couldn't get my hands on them as they would "walked out the door just before I showed up". I finally got a dealership to hold one they just offloaded off the truck, it now sits in my driveway. All of the dealers would show me we have such and such in transit and on the map looked like it was within a day, but they couldn't promise delivery. I wonder if the delivery times for the Trail Boss's is messed up because they are in such demand.
No, I bought the truck on Michigan, couldn’t find one anywhere in Tennessee that was the right color. It’s somewhere in Ohio probably waiting on a chip. It just makes me mad that Chevy won’t just tell me the truth about where it’s at and why. I will wait it and post some pictures when I have a truck . Glad you got yours.

Dude, I feel your pain. It’s been a month for me. I purchased an In-Transit truck at the dealership in full. 2021 Trailboss Shadow Gray Metallic. It was produced in May. It’s been sitting in Marion, Ohio since then. It finally got the microchip 3 weeks ago. And went officially in transit and loaded on a train. Still waiting on the truck. It’s been a week and half since it’s been Intransit. I’ve already made my first loan payment and insurance. Good thing is the dealership reimbursed me for first month payment and insurance payment also gave me a loaner and gave me 1000$ in accessories. But regardless I’m still waiting for the truck and have no ETA of it.
The Area General Manager did say it was in Ohio but wouldn’t say where or why. It’s probably waiting on a chip same as yours. It’s been there two weeks plus so maybe it won’t be much longer. Hope you get yours soon.

The Area General Manager did say it was in Ohio but wouldn’t say where or why. It’s probably waiting on a chip same as yours. It’s been there two weeks plus so maybe it won’t be much longer. Hope you get yours soon.
Marion, Ohio at the train station is where they do the “repair”.

Thanks, at least I know it may not be too much longer.
You get your truck yet? Mine actually never went in transit. Two weeks after this post I got an email from GM saying the vechile went into Quality Inspection status. I’m officially 2 months into this and no one knows where the vehicle is

You get your truck yet? Mine actually never went in transit. Two weeks after this post I got an email from GM saying the vechile went into Quality Inspection status. I’m officially 2 months into this and no one knows where the vehicle is
No I haven’t got it nor any news about it. I am getting fed up up with GM. Their restarting all their plants by the first of November. If there’s chips for new trucks why not fix the ones parked in fields first, especially the ones all ready sold. Hope we get them soon.

Well, it seems hell has frozen over. Got a notification from the dealership via Chevrolet that my truck has made it to a upfitter in Michigan. Only a little over an hour from the dealership. Don’t know how long it will be there, I think they will install the performance intake and cat back exhaust there. It’s been since since the middle of July that I put a deposit on it. Hopefully not much longer.

My 2022 LTD Custom 2.7 is built and sitting in Fort Wayne. I ordered a 2021 in early August it was canceled and we reordered as soon as we could for a 2022 LTD.

Unbelievable, just got a message from the dealership, my truck will be there on 10/30 by 6:30 PM. We’re so excited we’re shaking.

Most Reactions

Back