What's new

Diamondback HD Issues

nhahn82

Reaction score
Recently received my Diamondback HD cover for my 2023 Trail Boss. When I got the cover onto the bed it was too narrow and when centered does not extend to the edge of the bed or cover the drains. Curious if maybe I got the wrong cover from the factory (ordered short bed Chevy 1500 and instructions state that) or the very real possibility that I’m dorking this up somehow. Instructions however seemed pretty straightforward. Attached picture is cover at tailgate centered in bed with drain holes clearly exposed. I attempted to scour the internet and YouTube to see if anyone has had a problem like this, but strangely it’s almost impossible to find a bad review or people that had install issues on this cover.

Attachments

• 66C61077-E4EF-4D78-9137-9E505231B647.jpeg
    66C61077-E4EF-4D78-9137-9E505231B647.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 1C723A55-9B27-4DA9-9D56-9BE1168ADD1B.jpeg
    1C723A55-9B27-4DA9-9D56-9BE1168ADD1B.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 30
Go back through your box and make sure they’re not in there, if not-contact DB. You don’t just want to buy some bc they might not be low-profile enough and may let a drop or 3 of water in (I had some aftermarket ones on when I first installed and quickly swapped them for the ones in the DB box….now watertight).

Go back through your box and make sure they’re not in there, if not-contact DB. You don’t just want to buy some bc they might not be low-profile enough and may let a drop or 3 of water in (I had some aftermarket ones on when I first installed and quickly swapped them for the ones in the DB box….now watertight).
I agree. Go through the box. From the pictures it looks correct in size.

Thanks much for the quick response, they were in there and that should do the trick! I knew I was missing something.

Thanks much for the quick response, they were in there and that should do the trick! I knew I was missing something.

Awesome, glad you figured it out.. I’m loving mine after 6 months of installing it.. NO leaks so far either.

Attachments

• 9EF9E67F-723D-41B5-B5CF-744168FCA004.jpeg
    9EF9E67F-723D-41B5-B5CF-744168FCA004.jpeg
    509.8 KB · Views: 30
Recently received my Diamondback HD cover for my 2023 Trail Boss. When I got the cover onto the bed it was too narrow and when centered does not extend to the edge of the bed or cover the drains. Curious if maybe I got the wrong cover from the factory (ordered short bed Chevy 1500 and instructions state that) or the very real possibility that I’m dorking this up somehow. Instructions however seemed pretty straightforward. Attached picture is cover at tailgate centered in bed with drain holes clearly exposed. I attempted to scour the internet and YouTube to see if anyone has had a problem like this, but strangely it’s almost impossible to find a bad review or people that had install issues on this cover.
I just purchased a diamond back HD cover and they state to remove the bed rail caps and install shims before putting on the cover. Did you do this step? I’m having trouble getting them off and don’t want to ruin my new truck.

I just purchased a diamond back HD cover and they state to remove the bed rail caps and install shims before putting on the cover. Did you do this step? I’m having trouble getting them off and don’t want to ruin my new truck.
Make sure you do that step as it’s crucial in keeping the rail covers rigid enough when tightening down the cover. Only issue I have had with the DB cover is the rubber gasket at the back window still allows some water into the bed. May need to add some silicone as suggested. Thought I could get away with not doing that.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back