What's new

Did I get a good deal? Should I trade up?

Ericmulligan

Reaction score
Hi guys! Just purchased a used 2019 trail boss custom crew cab. 5.3 with 18k miles drove to Rhode Island to get it (I live north shore mass) I got it certified for 5 year 100k power train.
I paid 36,000.... trucks perfect. I feel like I got an outstanding deal. No accidents. So, I see the same year and models with 25-50k miles in my area selling for 43-47.... should I try and make a few grand off it? I love it but with these truck prices going up I feel like I’d be stupid not to. I feel like I could pull a decent profit and trade up. Let me know!

Attachments

• B3C340C3-6CAC-40A0-8A31-F0113D7FA757.jpeg
    B3C340C3-6CAC-40A0-8A31-F0113D7FA757.jpeg
    597.3 KB · Views: 21

Remanaz

Reaction score
Looks like a good deal to me.
I considered buying a truck was an investment and seeing these current prices I was correct. 19s an 20s near and at what I paid for mine brand new. Although I did not look at the options they had in the listings. That could be the difference.

OP
E

Ericmulligan

Reaction score
I considered buying a truck was an investment and seeing these current prices I was correct. 19s an 20s near and at what I paid for mine brand new. Although I did not look at the options they had in the listings. That could be the difference.
Same idea man. I had a 18 impala premier and in 2 years lost value very quick even though it was a solid vehicle with great features. I knew this would hold value well. Only down side was losing the leather and audio package. Which it’s in getting a full alpine speaker install running on an amp.
Katskin leather upgrade next month!

Nj_

Reaction score
Anytime you can make a profit on something by doing very little…. DO IT!!!!

I purchased a 2016 mustang GT premium with 31k miles in Jan 21 for $27k cash. Did absolutely nothing to it as it was too cold outside still. Saw the market value skyrocketed and sold it in beginning of April 21 for $34k.

Took that profit , plus the $27k and bought my 21 LT TB !!!!!

Remanaz

Reaction score
Mine would be a wash but Eric might want to consider making a profit.

I used my supplier discount when I bought my truck and was informed that I would need to wait 6 months before selling it or I would risk GM blacklisting me from buying new from them. You might ask how would they even know? I used GM Financial for the financing since it was 0.9%. I would think they would know, well assume, as soon as my loan was fully paid off in that short of a time.

Last edited:

Remanaz

Reaction score
I went back and looked at a few that were close or at what I paid sans tax and found they had same or less features. Some of these are just because 2021 models got a couple extras that I do not think were available for the 2019 and 2020 Custom TBs. Two did not have the brake controller. None had the USB-C port or the upper half of jump seat storage that the 2021s have. Some didn't have the factory nerf bars, though that seems to be a plus for some buyers. I like mine and am glad it came with it. I believe they were an almost $1000 option. I couldn't see in the beds but I would expect that some do not have the rear bed LED lights that are included with the 2021s with the convenience package.

Remanaz

Reaction score
Same idea man. I had a 18 impala premier and in 2 years lost value very quick even though it was a solid vehicle with great features. I knew this would hold value well. Only down side was losing the leather and audio package. Which it’s in getting a full alpine speaker install running on an amp.
Katskin leather upgrade next month!
I am running Hybrid Audio Legatias up front and 2 12" Sundown Audio subs under the rear seat powered off an Audio Control amp right now. I am going to test my Morel speakers up front here soon and see which I will keep in this truck while the other set goes in my ladies ride.

I have been considering going the Katzkin route too but I favor cloth seats hear in the summer months. I want to see pics and hear about how the install goes when you do it. I hated replacing the seat upholstery when I worked on these trucks for a living. Not sure I want to do it myself or just pay someone if I do go that route. I would rather swap an engine or frame then do the seats. And yes I have swapped frames before. A couple dozen actually. Anyways please share your experience on this. I look forward to seeing the results.

OP
E

Ericmulligan

Reaction score
I am running Hybrid Audio Legatias up front and 2 12" Sundown Audio subs under the rear seat powered off an Audio Control amp right now. I am going to test my Morel speakers up front here soon and see which I will keep in this truck while the other set goes in my ladies ride.

I have been considering going the Katzkin route too but I favor cloth seats hear in the summer months. I want to see pics and hear about how the install goes when you do it. I hated replacing the seat upholstery when I worked on these trucks for a living. Not sure I want to do it myself or just pay someone if I do go that route. I would rather swap an engine or frame then do the seats. And yes I have swapped frames before. A couple dozen actually. Anyways please share your experience on this. I look forward to seeing the results.
I will let you know man! I picked the black leather with small red inserts. I drive it in, they do it and I pick it up. Real leather. 1600 bucks after tax. I’ll share pics with you when I get it going!

Latest Discussions...

Most Reactions