What's new

DURATRACS ARE LOUD

redskinfan72

Reaction score
The Stock Wrangler Duratracs are LOUD!!!! What have you guys done when you went to replace these tires. I am most curious of those that have replaced with the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Thank you for your input. Daily driver with mostly highway and some dirt roads/offroading
1617719083710.png

Yokahoma X-AT. Much quieter. Still pretty aggressive. 2 different sidewalls on the same tire. Reasonable price. I've had ridge grappler on previous truck. I would say they are pretty equal. RG a little more aggressive.

Yokahoma X-AT. Much quieter. Still pretty aggressive. 2 different sidewalls on the same tire. Reasonable price. I've had ridge grappler on previous truck. I would say they are pretty equal. RG a little more aggressive.
How "loud" would you say those tires are on the highway? 70MPH? I use my truck every day to work and want something that has road manners and will be decent off road going to camp and trails...No Heavy off roading. I am the typical shopper of a hybrid tire. Thank you for your advice.

Rick

I don't know how to rate the sound. I can only say that they are no where near the sound level of the duratracs. For an all terrain....... very quiet. Btw, excellent in snow, mid level mud and great high way manners.

The Stock Wrangler Duratracs are LOUD!!!! What have you guys done when you went to replace these tires. I am most curious of those that have replaced with the Nitto Ridge Grappler. Thank you for your input. Daily driver with mostly highway and some dirt roads/offroading

Yes they are extremely loud and very weak side walls. Last week we were at Weed ca and I was looking for a spot to take some glamour photos. First time using 4x4 going up a steep incline and something punctured the side wall, did not look like a rock, I actually dont know but my guess is it is a defect. Drove 200 Miles on the spare and went to discount tires and slapped on some 275/70/18 Nitto's! Way more quiet and better road manners, the best part is they are 10 ply.

20210408_142102.jpg
20210406_132145.jpg
20210410_152806.jpg
20210410_152814.jpg

Last edited:
Yes they are extremely loud and very weak side walls. Last week we were at Weed ca and I was looking for a spot to take some glamour photos. First time using 4x4 going up a steep incline and something punctured the side wall, did not look like a rock, I actually dont know but my guess is it is a defect. Drove 200 Miles on the spare and went to discount tires and slapped on some 275/70/18 Nitto's! Way more quiet and better road manners, the best part is they are 10 ply.

View attachment 897View attachment 896View attachment 900View attachment 901
That is just the information I needed thank you ! Nice truck by the way, Love the color! Ridge Grapplers are the way I'm leaning for sure. Gotta burn up these Duratracs and then spend the money. I would have never chosen these tires willingly, They came on the truck.

Most Reactions

Back